Instructions for Non-Evernote User

I shared a note with a non-EverNote user - <share> <send note> <entered their e-mail address>

They receive link to sign up for an account

They sign up for an account

They are now looking at a blank evernote account & there is nothing on the page that tells them how to access the chat or the note I just shared with them.

I have found numerous how-to's on how I should share a note but no pictures and details for non-evernote users on how to receive the chat.  This person is now a confirmed evernote hater but could someone please send me a link to detailed instructions for any future people I need to share notes with.

EverNote Non-User.png

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, SparksinTexas said:

They are now looking at a blank evernote account & there is nothing on the page that tells them how to access the chat or the note I just shared with them.

I was going to advise clicking on the Work Chat icon, just below the search icon

But I see there’s no Work Chat icon.  Sorry, I don’t have an answer for that

• Level 5*

Hi.  Always good to confirm your OS and Evernote version.  I'm a Windows user and I don't get the exact same sequence of options - after Share (from the note toolbar),  I get Share Note / Copy URL / Social / Send a Copy...

It's good practice to check out what your recipients will see if you're about to inflict a new experience on them - in this case (I imagine) they would have seen an email invitation to say that they had received a note,  and an option to 'reply in Evernote' - which is not ideal if they're an Evernote newbie.

There are various alternative ways to share,  and I'd suggest the easiest is simply to send the URL of a note.  This will be a URL in the format http://www.evernote.com/l/AAKzcKJN1V........ which will open in a browser.  The recipient will be able to see,  but not edit the content.  (Editing is always only possible in Evernote)

You've probably already seen all the various help screens on 'Share' but if not this link will start you off - Share notes

(Search 'share' in the open box at the top of the screen for lots more...)

Archived