Getting "Conflicting Changes" all the time

First of all, I only use Evernote on one device (my macbook). From nowhere else there's access to the account (I've checked it on my settings).

The thing is that after I've updated to Version 6.12.1 I've been getting these "conflicting changes" alerts every 10 min. It occurs while I'm typing on my notes and, all of the sudden a warning pops up saying I've got a conflicting change.

I've already disabled the automatic sync (put it on manual) but, despite doing that, it keeps syncing automatically every so often.

This is extremely irritating. I can't get any work done since I'm always having to delete the previous note and migrate the new one to the original notebook and, as I said, this is happening every 10 or so minutes. 

I love evernote and was ready to upgrade my account but, honestly,  now I'm thinking I'll have to migrate to another note-taking system.

Please help. 

Edit: already did a complete uninstall on Evernote but it keeps doing the same thing.

Screenshot 2017-09-12 14.51.42.png

Screenshot 2017-09-12 14.52.24.png

Downgrading to 6.11 worked fine for me, using a backup and then letting sync bring my notes up to date.

Fortunately my Time Machine backup included

~/Library/Application Support/com.evernote.Evernote

so I wiped the entire contents of that directory and restored from backup.

Tip, if you are doing this, just restore the version file and open it with a text editor to check it contains the value 454874 (or lower). I had to go back to an early May backup to find one with that version. After that, you can download 6.11 from http://bit.ly/EN6-11

• Level 5*
31 minutes ago, AndyDent said:

Downgrading to 6.11 worked fine for me, using a backup and then letting sync bring my notes up to date.
Fortunately my Time Machine backup included...
so I wiped the entire contents of that directory and restored from backup.

I often downgrade to a previous version if I can’t work-around a bug.  It’s not a complicated process

To identify your database folder59be92b902499_ScreenShot2017-09-17at08_19_50.png.68f4ff84874b807b1c001e7438c38b45.png
Click Option Help > Troubleshooting > Open Database Folder
It will be a folder like 1234567

You can delete this folder and the app will rebuild the database from the server.  Warning, the rebuild does not include Local Notebooks or unsync'd notes

>>After that, you can download 6.11 from http://bit.ly/EN6-11

To get previous versions of the app, I search the forums for the release notes as per the example below.
Each release notice contains a link to download the app

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5*

I'm getting a daily conflicting notebook/note at 7am

I'm in bed, just getting up but I have an ifttt script updating my journal note with a weather report
This is sync'd to my Mac, and it's doing some processing and generating it's own conflict

Archived