Tabbed Notes - Please

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Chuff Puffolo said:

I have hundreds of organized notes / and the one thing I really want is ... Open Note in new Tab / Tab Browsing / Tabbed Note / Tabbed Options / Please ..

Which platform?

Evernote/Mac introduced tabs.  We can also open multiple notes in their own windows

2 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Which platform?

Evernote/Mac introduced tabs.  We can also open multiple notes in their own windows

Hello DTLow - thanks for replying

Mac Evernote (6.12.1)  / and I cant see any tab related options anywhere ..

this is Tab / not Tag .. yes?

-- Evernote/Mac introduced tabs.  We can also open multiple notes in their own windows --

this sounds amazing / where located in desktop Mac?

Chuffy Puffolo

• Level 5*
37 minutes ago, Chuff Puffolo said:

-- Evernote/Mac introduced tabs.  We can also open multiple notes in their own windows --

this sounds amazing / where located in desktop Mac?

59b7d9aa2e511_ScreenShot2017-09-12at05_53_39.png.1127f1816b368aa1432cb2a639100af2.png

I have the same issue as Chuff Puffolo. There is no "New Tab" option under the File menu, no "Open Note in New Tab" option under the Note menu, and the keyboard shortcut Cmd-T does nothing (except beep to indicate an error). I am a Plus Member and just updated to 6.12.1 running under OS X El Capitan 10.11.6. 

I'm wondering if this feature is available only to Premium Members, or only in newer versions of the OS? 

22 hours ago, ljls said:

I have the same issue as Chuff Puffolo. There is no "New Tab" option under the File menu, no "Open Note in New Tab" option under the Note menu, and the keyboard shortcut Cmd-T does nothing (except beep to indicate an error). I am a Plus Member and just updated to 6.12.1 running under OS X El Capitan 10.11.6. 

I'm wondering if this feature is available only to Premium Members, or only in newer versions of the OS? 

Im on Premium full paid up .. so this is a issue .. Im going to share on their facebook

• Level 5*
22 hours ago, ljls said:

No, the tab feature is not restricted to paid accounts

However, tabs are not supported in the earlier versions of Mac OS.  This was a Sierra feature

1 minute ago, DTLow said:

No, the tab feature is not restricted to paid accounts

However, tabs are not supported in the earlier versions of Mac OS.  This was a Sierra feature

".  This was a Sierra feature "

could we make it a all versions - feature , as its pretty standard in all apps now .

please

• 3 months later...
On 9/13/2017 at 5:58 PM, Chuff Puffolo said:

".  This was a Sierra feature "

could we make it a all versions - feature , as its pretty standard in all apps now .

please

Yes, you can ask Apple to support tabs in older versions of macOS...

Apple is using tabs system wide in the new macOS UI and wants to promote consistency in third-party apps. In Sierra, Apple made it practically effortless for third-party apps to add tabs to their UI. Evernote is one of the companies that took advantage of this new Sierra feature.

Prior to Sierra, apps had to do a lot more work and create their own custom systems for tab-based UI. Since Evernote never did in the first place, it's unlikely it will go back to spend a lot of $$$ to build a custom tab system for older macOS versions (that are decreasing in usage...), just to bring them on par with > Sierra versions of macOS into which it built tabs for practically nothing.

Your best bet is to either upgrade to High Sierra (assuming you have a capable machine) or convince Apple to bring tab support to older macOS versions by submitting your feedback here: https://www.apple.com/feedback/ 

Archived