Multiple Conflict Changes

msampaio

Idea

I updated my Evernote desktop app (Mac) to the 6.12.1 today and the app is creating multiple "conflict changes" notes while I'm writing a note. I'm just using the desktop app and sometimes when I'm writing and the app syncing, the conflicts notes are created. I always used the shortest sync interval.

16 replies to this idea

21 hours ago, DTLow said:

I do it all the time.  I participated in the beta testing and there were so bugs I couldn’t work around

It gets more difficult if you have local notebooks; otherwise your Mac just holds a copy of the master data maintained on the server

Your copy can easily be rebuilt from the server; the app takes care of that

How does one downgrade? Just uninstall evernote and install a previous version? Where do we have access to these previous versions? 

Possible FIX: 

I think this might be a timezone issue. 

Try this: Check the timezone set in your browser matches your actual timezone (e.g. if you live in London, set to London). 

To do this in Chrome, you need to log into the active Google Calendar account and go to settings... I think...

Seems like a background service of is pulling the timezone from the browser in the evernote web client. This then conflicts with the local evernote client. 

Just a hunch. Keen to know if this works for anyone else.

KJ

On 12/09/2017 at 1:03 AM, DTLow said:

I do it all the time.  I participated in the beta testing and there were so bugs I couldn’t work around

It gets more difficult if you have local notebooks; otherwise your Mac just holds a copy of the master data maintained on the server

It worked perfectly thanks!

• Level 5*
15 hours ago, henriquemarcos5 said:

How does one downgrade? Just uninstall evernote and install a previous version? Where do we have access to these previous versions? 

You want to uninstall the app, database and other files

The app AppCleaner is recommended for this

By lookin in this forum, you’ll see release notes for each version.  Each contains a link for downloading the app; for example

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, jcverdie said:

Has anyone tried to downgrade? I would do this to avoid this harassing issue but I'm afraid of unexpected backfire...

16 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I'm seeing the sync activity, but I'm not getting conflicts

If this version is unusable, I would downgrade to a previous version

Has anyone tried to downgrade? I would do this to avoid this harassing issue but I'm afraid of unexpected backfire...

• Level 5*
17 minutes ago, Mark Silberbauer said:

This is a big issue. I'm spending a lot of time just trying to manage all the many conflicting versions appearing of the same note. I've lost bits of text as a result which I can't afford to do. This is unusable.

I'm seeing the sync activity, but I'm not getting conflicts

If this version is unusable, I would downgrade to a previous version

Archived