Add function to PIN note to the Top of the List

charliegaston

Idea

Notes are listed historically. However, I have a couple of notes that I access infrequently but have a high priority. Being able to PIN them to the top of the list would be very helpful. Otherwise, I love the app. It has been an integral tool to maintain an organized life. Thank you E team!

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On 2017-09-09 at 6:37 AM, charliegaston said:

Being able to PIN them to the top of the list would be very helpful.

Evernote doesn’t have a “PIN” function, except for the Shortcut and Reminder sections.

My solution is to adjust the note title and dates so that specific notes automatically sort to the top

• Level 5*
On 9/9/2017 at 9:37 AM, charliegaston said:

Being able to PIN them to the top of the list would be very helpful. Otherwise, I love the app. It has been an integral tool to maintain an organized life.

In the Windows client, notes with reminders are displayed  in a separate list when using Snippet, Card, or Thumbnail view, (but not when using either of the List views) effectively 'pinning' them (the list is collapsible, too, so you can hide it if you want). Since I use Snippet View almost exclusively, I can have a little to-do list of current items easily available to me. You can even sort this list by dragging items up and down, though I just  sort-by-reminder-date. When I am done with an item, I mark it as done, and usually move it to a different notebook. Simple, and works well for me, without needing to muck with special note titles or edit the Created date to force sorting order.

Archived