Copying to another Mac?

I have about 23GB of data - over 31,000 notes.

Due to the ongoing and severe bugs in 6.12 I have decided I need to roll back to 6.11 on my main Mac. I have another Mac with Evernote 6.11 still installed.

Can I safely copy over the data from the other Mac and use 6.11?

Due to the size of data I don't want to go through many days of downloads to just drop a fresh copy of 6.11 on my main Mac.

For now, I am muddling along using the web interface, although using multiple windows is a bit scary and not recommended here

• Level 5*

Downloading from the server isn't necessarily bad news - I recently rebuilt a 19GB database with a full download which took just over 5 hours.  That was on a Windows 10 machine,  so the number of files involved is rather different,  but hopefuly it's a near-enough guide to the time it will take.

• Level 5*
23 hours ago, AndyDent said:

Due to the ongoing and severe bugs in 6.12 I have decided I need to roll back to 6.11 on my main Mac. I have another Mac with Evernote 6.11 still installed.

Can I safely copy over the data from the other Mac and use 6.11?

I have not done something like this, but you should be able to do it.  I have seen reports of other users who successfully copied their Evernote data to new Mac.

I think the process would be something  like this (but you should review/verify):

1. Make sure you have sync'd Evernote on all your devices.
  2. Make the Mac with 6.11 is fully sync'd (sync it last)
  3. If you have any Local Notebooks on the 6.12 Mac, export them to ENEX
  4. On the 6.12 Mac
    1. Completely remove Evernote app and all related files by using an App Uninstaller ike AppDelete.
    2. Reboot
    3. Copy this folder (and all files and subfolders) from your 6.11 Mac to your 6.12 Mac into the same folder.
      ~/Library/Application Support/com.evernote.Evernote
    4. Install EN Mac 6.11.1
    5. Reboot
    6. Start EN Mac 6.11.1 and verify proper running and access
      1. It should find and use your Evernote data without any issues
    7. If you had Local Notebooks, import them from the ENEX in Step 3.

I see no reason not to try this.  In a worst case scenario, you can just remove Evernote (per step 4.1) and install EN Mac 6.11.1 and let it download all of your notes from the EN Cloud.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Archived