unable to highlight/bold/italic etc in a particular note

I copy paste articles from web which also contain images into my evernote desktop. Recently, in a particular note, I found that I am unable to highlight or apply bold or italic etc.

There is an error message in the activity log : "unable to clip parse clipboard: INVALID_DOC"

Can I share the activity log over here?

Kindly give me a solution.

• Level 5*

Hi.  If you've copied something from a web site which may have its own codes 'hidden' in the text to create the format and style that you see,  it may very well not be possible to add your own comments.  You could take a screenshot of the same text and annotate the picture,   or use 'simplify formatting' or 'remove formatting' to see whether that will clear the embedded codes sufficiently to accept your additions.

@gazumped 

Sorry for late reply.

I had checked for one or two days but my post was not approved. So, I did not check the notification later. Anyways, I have been able to resolve the issue. But now I am facing another problem which is quite annoying.

1. I had been working on Evernote desktop (Windows client) for almost an hour today.

2. Suddenly my laptop shut down unexpectedly.

3. I restarted my laptop and I could not find any of the content that I had uploaded during that one hour. I had been updating contents across various notes.

It's quite depressing that one hour of time and energy came to naught in a moment.Help me out!

Please tell me if you need the activity log.

@jefito It's windows.

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, ritesh007 said:

Suddenly my laptop shut down unexpectedly.

What time interval do you have for syncing

My setting is 5 minutes.  Regardless of what happens to my device, my updates are stored in the Evernote servers

1 hour ago, DTLow said:

What time interval do you have for syncing

My setting is 5 minutes.  Regardless of what happens to my device, my updates are stored in the Evernote servers

It is every 5 minutes. Much of the work must have been synced. I am really wary of working on Evernote now. 
And yes, after my laptop had shut down, there was a CMOS checksum error. The computer date and time had been set to 2015 which I later corrected. I don't know if that could be an issue.
Nevertheless, once the content gets synced there should not have been any problem!

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, ritesh007 said:

And yes, after my laptop had shut down, there was a CMOS checksum error. The computer date and time had been set to 2015 which I later corrected. I don't know if that could be an issue.
Nevertheless, once the content gets synced there should not have been any problem!

An incorrect timestamp might be a serious issue for an application syncing data between platforms

Have you checked the web platform (www.evernote.com) to see if your updates made it to the server?

8 hours ago, DTLow said:

An incorrect timestamp might be a serious issue for an application syncing data between platforms

Have you checked the web platform (www.evernote.com) to see if your updates made it to the server?

No, they did not make to the server. I guess the incorrect timestamp might be the problem.

Archived