How to export a simple text file

smoky

I have been using evernote for many years now.  I am embarrassed to admit here, I cannot for the life of me, figure out how to do the simplest possible thing.  Export a note as a simple text file.  What am I missing?

Smoky

• Level 5*
21 minutes ago, smoky said:

I have been using evernote for many years now.  I am embarrassed to admit here, I cannot for the life of me, figure out how to do the simplest possible thing.  Export a note as a simple text file.  What am I missing?

Evernote only offers two export formats; html and enex (xml)

If I needed a simple text file, I’d copy/paste into a text editor

Just wondering; Why do you want a simple text file?  This format discards rich text formatting, images and other attachments

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, smoky said:

Smoky

If Windows, put the cursor in the note, Ctrl-A to select everything, Ctrl-C to copy everything and then use paste as plain text in the target app.  Do this with Notepad and you should get plain text without any extra lines, you may even lose some lines.

Aaaaah.. A simple question with a simple answer.  I have been selecting text by depressing the left hand button and then scrolling from top to bottom.  Evernote scrolls so slowly it takes forever to get to the bottom.  Control A is a wonderful solution.  Thank you!

Smoky

Archived