Notebook sections or folders

russellfuego

Idea

Right now I am currently using Evernote to take notes for my Chemistry course, as it offers integration with my Smart book. Im one of those  people that value organization to the highest level, so I ran into a problem with evernote. When im taking notes it'd be nice if I could seperate my notes by chapter within one Notebook, rather than having to create multiple notebooks. Does this make any sense to anyone?

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  Your comment does make sense,  but unfortunately Evernote doesn't allow 'chapters' as an option.  You can create the exact same effect using tags,  and in the tag display you can set up parent/ child tags to mirror the layout so that you're reminded of what tags to apply to new notes.  IMHO it's good practice to create short,  one topic notes and to glue those together with tags and titles so that a quick search will get you all the notes from term 2 that deal with Kryptonite (for a bad example).

See:

Tips for organizing notes, notebooks, and tags

https://evernote.com/students/

... for more.

• Level 5*
On 2017-09-05 at 11:24 AM, russellfuego said:

When im taking notes it'd be nice if I could seperate my notes by chapter within one Notebook, rather than having to create multiple notebooks. Does this make any sense to anyone?

I wouldn’t use multiple multiple notebooks.  How about Note titles, as in 01 aaaaaa, 02 aaaaaaa,  03 aaaaaaaaa.  You could even add another level like 01_1 aaaaaaaa

Archived