A "home" keyboard shortcut?

Hi, have looked for this before and will give it a last try.

The most important Evernote navigation/view operation for me (besides search) is (would be) to return to (all) Notebooks while having the notes list scrolled and selected at top/latest.

This is partly because I prefer to review, book-sort, title, tag and "clean" notes a little several times every day, at least what's important.

Did I miss something after all?

Hope to hear from somebody doing more than collecting recipes never cooked :)

• Level 5*

Workaround.  Using something like PhraseExpress you can create your own hotkey to do <whatever your shortcut to Find in Evernote is><Tab><Home>.  This will return you to the top of the note list in all notes view from wherever you are in EN.  FWIW.

ScreenClip.png.165c7d551d45997e46d014e8549b152a.png

• Level 5*

Or:  F6 to clear previous search.  In my case I have a note with a created date of 03/06/2999 which is called 'top' and a saved search for that note in my shortcuts.  Two clicks to get to the top of my list,  which is sorted by created date and that sort is also saved for this view.

Thanks,

Not against workarounds and snippet utilities, but I fear those are a bit fragile during updates.

But hey, it looks like the keystroke series I once found works again in this version!
(thanks both of you, for jogging my memory)

F6, TAB, HOME

..is little "writing", so call it a longcut. But beats scrolling :)
(hoping for any EN-development)

• Level 5*
14 hours ago, Olav said:

Thanks,

Not against workarounds and snippet utilities, but I fear those are a bit fragile during updates.

But hey, it looks like the keystroke series I once found works again in this version!
(thanks both of you, for jogging my memory)

F6, TAB, HOME

..is little "writing", so call it a longcut. But beats scrolling :)
(hoping for any EN-development)

You are welcome.  FWIW, I have created some personal hotkeys for some of the "longer" actions in EN, changing reminder dates or starting a search with a certain tag as examples, and so far have survived updates without any impact.  Now watch what happens with the next one.  

And, I use a personal hotkey for Find in Evernote so that I can execute from anywhere.  F6 does other things in other apps.

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Another method to get there from having looked at notes in a particular notebook (rather than from a search): Ctrl+Shift+A changes to All Notes in the Notes List, then Home to get to the top.

One less step, thanks.

2 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Ctrl+Shift+A changes to All Notes in the Notes List, then Home to get to the top.

Not really.
Tried back then, but I need a function that always works (at least) application-wide.
Click inside note and try again ;)

Archived