Ios 11 is there a shortcut that like the triple dash that will quickly create a line?

In previous ios versions the triple dash type --- was a quick way to create a Line break. In ios 11 the new keyboard doesn’t allow one to do this quick as far as I can tell. Is there another way to do this quick?

• Level 5*
On 2017-09-05 at 9:57 PM, DGW said:

I created a TextExpander snippet to insert three dashes. You could also create a text replacement shortcut in Settings for it. 

Does this generate a line break?  I'm still getting the long dash generated

1 hour ago, DGW said:

I created a TextExpander snippet to insert three dashes. You could also create a text replacement shortcut in Settings for it. 

I’d use textexpander if the keyboard was as accurate as stock ios for me. In the general ios settings for text replacement, when I enter a double dash as the shortcut and a line break for the phrase to expand, then save, the shortcut will not enact for me. The second, or another method, is working for others?

I had explained in another forum that if you type “- - -“ and then delete the spaces in between the dashes, it will not create the smart dash, or whatever it is called. This will give you the three dashes in a row. Now just press enter/return at the end, it will create the horizontal line.

To do this takes a bit of time, if you were to do it every time you needed the line. But using the same technique you could either create a TextExpander or text replacement shortcut that would insert the three dashes without spaces, and after they are inserted, press enter and the line will be created.

I don’t use the TextExpander keyboard often, but for certain tasks like this will switch to it, and then back.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
8 minutes ago, Eduardo Estefano said:

I have just tried this on the iPhone and it is working. IOS 10 however, not sure if this is broken on IOS 11. 

Works on IOS 11, adding the three dashes separated by spaces and then deleting the spaces.

Archived