Moleskin vs Everlast notebooks

sttrebo

Been using the Evernote Moleskin notebooks for a while.  I see that another optiion is Everlast notebooks.  Was curious if anyone has tried them out and any opinions/preferences?  One things stands out is Everlasts ability to send the pages to something other than Evernote.  But other than that, anything else?

thanks

• Level 5*
22 minutes ago, sttrebo said:

One things stands out is Everlasts ability to send the pages to something other than Evernote.  But other than that, anything else?

I thought the fact the Everlast book was reusable was an important point.  The ink can be erased

In reality, any notebook can be used, with the pages scanned and sent to Evernote or where-ever.  I use my iPad/iPhone to do the scanning.

reusable is a great idea and it does seem to work pretty well (i bought one out of curiosity).  since i keep everything in evernote, not sure if the option to send things to other services is usefull.  i would be curious what the workflow is like for those that would send things to multiple services but maybe that's for a different forum thread.  from a picture scanning option, Everlast can send either .jpg's or .pdf's., but to take full advantage of evernote, the images need to be in .pdf (as far as i know).  both seem to handle colored pens fine.

• Level 5*
11 minutes ago, sttrebo said:

to take full advantage of evernote, the images need to be in .pdf (as far as i know)

The only advantage I see is PDFs can be multi-page

For Evernote’s handwriting OCR, the scan has too be image format

• Level 5*

Anyone looked at Oxford notebooks and Scribzee?  https://www.my-oxford.com/int-en/scribzee-and-evernote

The notebooks are a cheaper alternative to some others and come in a wider variety of sizes (looking at you,  Moleskine) 

In my - currently fairly limited - experience the pages scan well and help you to make new hand wriiten notes,  sketches and mind-maps while still referring back to previous pages electronically.

Archived