WebClipper with reader View?

MikeStutzzzz

Is it possible to clip a page when in Firefox Reader View. The normal web clipper works great 80% of the time only giving me the info I want but some articles have adds in the middle of the page and the clipper copys that as well while in Firefox reader view it eliminates all of that but I am unable to clip the page thoughts?

• 8 months later...

Evernote's simplified clipping saves only text but I save a lot of articles where the diagrams and graphs are just as important.

Firefox Reader View somehow understands which images to keep, usually producing the view that I would really like to save.  But Evernote's clipper can't save it, due to "browser restrictions," according to a clipper popup.

Can this be fixed?

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, chipqvist said:

Evernote's simplified clipping saves only text but I save a lot of articles where the diagrams and graphs are just as important.

Firefox Reader View somehow understands which images to keep, usually producing the view that I would really like to save.  But Evernote's clipper can't save it, due to "browser restrictions," according to a clipper popup.

Can this be fixed?

Hi.  Firefox has its own built-in screen grabber plus add-ons like Nimbus Clipper which you could try.  Firefox 'system' views like Add-in windows and-apparently- this reader view are restricted for reasons best know to Firefox.  I wouldn't have thought that would be something that Evernote can change...

On 5/15/2018 at 4:05 PM, gazumped said:

Hi.  Firefox has its own built-in screen grabber plus add-ons like Nimbus Clipper which you could try.  Firefox 'system' views like Add-in windows and-apparently- this reader view are restricted for reasons best know to Firefox.  I wouldn't have thought that would be something that Evernote can change...

Yes, maybe that's something Firefox has to do (Evernote people, true?). 

Thanks for the Nimbus Clipper pointer.  It looks pretty handy but unfortunately, it doesn't run on newer Firefox versions -- I'm hoping Nimbus will do an update soon.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, chipqvist said:

but unfortunately, it doesn't run on newer Firefox versions

??  I'm using 64bit Firefox 60.0.1 with Nimbus...

5 hours ago, chipqvist said:

(Evernote people, true?)

...and the Evernote team don't (usually) comment on individual queries.

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

??  I'm using 64bit Firefox 60.0.1 with Nimbus...

...and the Evernote team don't (usually) comment on individual queries.

Huh, I clicked the firefox link here, and it says "This add-on is not compatible with your version of Firefox."  Same version of FF as you.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, chipqvist said:

Huh, I clicked the firefox link here, and it says "This add-on is not compatible with your version of Firefox."  Same version of FF as you.

You're right - that option says the same for me.  However have a look at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/nimbus-screenshot/

I didn't realise that there were two apps!  :)

Archived