Lost content

Nan W

Idea

I had a huge document in Evernote that I wanted to copy and paste into another document.  I used the Select All feature, then accidentally hit ctrl V vs ctrl C.  The content disappeared and was replaced with what appears to be a link. I can't do anything with the link. I also tried to do paste into another document but my content appears to be gone. Please help!

2 replies to this idea

On 27/08/2017 at 1:57 PM, Nan W said:

I had a huge document in Evernote that I wanted to copy and paste into another document.  I used the Select All feature, then accidentally hit ctrl V vs ctrl C.  The content disappeared and was replaced with what appears to be a link. I can't do anything with the link. I also tried to do paste into another document but my content appears to be gone. Please help!

EN Web relies on the clipboard, or paste buffer, of the underlying GUI. Unless you have a clipboard manager that saves more than one buffer, your content is likely gone.

1. There is pre-existing buffer.
2. You select all of your created content.
3. (Ctrl-V) You paste the pre-existing buffer over your selection.

Your selection is gone. However, if you had used the Undo feature of the underlying GUI you could have retrieved it.

1. There is pre-existing buffer.
2. You select all of your created content.
3. (Ctrl-V) You paste the pre-existing buffer over your selection.
4. (Ctrl-Z) You UNDO the paste buffer over your selection.
5. (Ctrl-C) You copy your retrieved selection into the buffer.

• Level 5*
On 2017-08-27 at 1:57 PM, Nan W said:

I also tried to do paste into another document but my content appears to be gone.

I've had the same experience

My method for recovering lost content is to restore from backups
I have personal backups, and Evernote maintains a Note History backup

Access to Note History data is a paid account feature, but you can subscribe for a single month

Archived