Premium customer.. Unable to retrieve notes.. Is Evernote any good at all.

Evernote keeps mentioning that note retrieval  issues have been fixed in 8.3, but i don't see it happening.  Just today itself I wanted to refer to an old note using my iPad pro 9.7. The note title will show but content will not.  Same thing on iPhone. Same issue on web access on Mac.  It is frustrating one thing.. but I have trusted Evernote with my data with the hope of retrieving it as and when I need it.

Previously I had mentioned in earlier posts that forever Evernote has had problems of offline note access.. now that infection has spread to even with online connection.   Please refer to my attached screenshots.

Evernote now costs even more than iCloud storage now and yet it fails you when you need the note.

What good is 10 GB per month quota if I can't retrieve the page I need.  Evernote is making me nervous for keeping important information.. but if not that.. what else it is good for ?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

• Level 5*
58 minutes ago, Mdd said:

Just today itself I wanted to refer to an old note using my iPad pro 9.7. The note title will show but content will not.  Same thing on iPhone. Same issue on web access on Mac.

Your images show the content (pdf file) was visible on the Mac and Web but missing in IOS.  On my iPad, pdfs show as icon and I can select actions like viewing

You can contact Evernote Support at  Contact Evernote Support

I don’t spend a lot of time debugging my devices.  My solution would be to delete the Evernote app from the device, then reinstall.  Check your notes while online, then download the offline notebooks 

>>What good is 10 GB per month quota if I can't retrieve the page I need.  Evernote is making me nervous for keeping important information..

I need the increased upload limit; I couldn’t manage with the limit in the Basic account

Aside from the odd display bug, I have no problem retrieving my data.  I also have backups and make use of the Evernote Note History feature

19 hours ago, DTLow said:

Your images show the content (pdf file) was visible on the Mac and Web but missing in IOS.  On my iPad, pdfs show as icon and I can select actions like viewing

You can contact Evernote Support at  Contact Evernote Support

I don’t spend a lot of time debugging my devices.  My solution would be to delete the Evernote app from the device, then reinstall.  Check your notes while online, then download the offline notebooks 

>>What good is 10 GB per month quota if I can't retrieve the page I need.  Evernote is making me nervous for keeping important information..

I need the increased upload limit; I couldn’t manage with the limit in the Basic account

Aside from the odd display bug, I have no problem retrieving my data.  I also have backups and make use of the Evernote Note History feature

1. In past, have deleted Evernote and reinstalled a few times .. as that is the only possible answer Evernote staff could give me in my earlier efforts on getting their support.  Problems did never get solved.

2. You mention " I have backups" .. If someone keeps backups, then why not use that back up as a primary source of information itself and get out of Evernote's uncertainty.

3. Problem is that we have depended on Evernote and let go of other physical documentation.  That was the whole point of going into soft copy storage. and that we did for years. Trusting the one promise that Evernote made is that we can get back our note when we need it.

Here is my today's update.. Now the note isn't even visible on Mac App.  Yesterday it was. Seems that the infection finally has spread to Mac app as well.

7.jpg

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, Mdd said:

Here is my today's update.. Now the note isn't even visible on Mac App.  Yesterday it was. Seems that the infection finally has spread to Mac app as well.

How often do you sync your device.  My setting is every  5 minutes

I’m wondering if the “infection”  is an updated note being sync’d to devices

My method for recovering lost content is to restore from backups.  
I have personal backups and Evernote has a Note History backup

59a2cb31a0ba7_ScreenShot2017-08-27at06_36_10.png.0e1ae406aa447a7110456566d7cef4bf.png   59a2cb5d6c8c2_ScreenShot2017-08-27at06_35_34.png.a9aa8aeb6120c5d1ca1877c18dc8f8b2.png

• Level 5*
On 2017-08-27 at 0:17 AM, Mdd said:

2. You mention " I have backups" .. If someone keeps backups, then why not use that back up as a primary source of information itself and get out of Evernote's uncertainty.

3. Problem is that we have depended on Evernote and let go of other physical documentation.  That was the whole point of going into soft copy storage. and that we did for years. Trusting the one promise that Evernote made is that we can get back our note when we need it

My backups (HTML export to a cloud drive) are fully functional, but don't have the search capability of Evernote
I think Evernote's strength is in the tags and search that make document retrieval easy

I haven’t had a problem retrieving my note data; in Evernote or backups or alternate device/platforms, there’s always a solution that works

Evernote have stopped responding to me. I have 84000 notes. I use Evernote extensively. Mostly on iOS. At present I have to pre-load my entire evernote library (note: not offline notes, just the pointers to the records) before work. It uploads my changes but won't pull changes back to the iOS devices. 

Now even that is choking... nothing worse than getting to 83,499 notes and the sync hiccups and you have to start again. 

Really evernote? Really?

But their support metrics look great: they close every record I create. Probably with a resolution note of "stupid PREMIUM user."  For that is what I must be to persevere with this ***** app. 

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, coastalrev said:

I have 84000 notes. I use Evernote extensively. Mostly on iOS. At present I have to pre-load my entire evernote library (note: not offline notes, just the pointers to the records) before work. It uploads my changes but won't pull changes back to the iOS devices. 

That’s an impressive # of Notes to achieve, mostly on IOS.  You’re approaching the 100,000 max limit, although Business Accounts have a limit of 500,00

Have Support given any suggestions? Can you post ticket #s

The only thing I can suggest is open another account (free basic)   Use a shared notebook to link back to your main account.  This way, your IOS device is working with a smaller # of notes. 

Or let your main account go Basic, and leave it as an archive.  Open a new paid account

Archived