Print to Evernote

ShakespearesEdge

Idea

Many times when I clip something from the web, the resulting note is severely misformatted and, oftentimes, missing whole parts of the source (especially if some of the parts of the web page are contained in an iframe or some Javascript or whatever else). Therefore, it would be great if a "share" or "clip" into Evernote was something akin to a PDF (or, better, an actual PDF):  a static, exact duplicate of the source. For me, the last reason I'll clip a web page is to bookmark it; I'll clip it because I'll want to save the web page exactly as I see it - like a photocopy of the source.

Thanks so much! 

11 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Try the Awesome Screenshot if you want an exact image.  Has a print option to create PDFs on FF and Chrome, jpeg works on FireFox.  A couple of extra steps versus clipper, but you do get an exact image.  FWIW.

59a03b6fde520_PrinttoEvernoteWindowsDesktopProductFeedbackEvernoteUserForum.thumb.jpg.3232ad5b66955b9e558180122ce91c0f.jpg

• Level 5*

On my Mac and iPad, I have print-to-pdf which I share to Evernote.  

I prefer the pdf format instead of html format.

An alternative is screen grabs of selected areas

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, ShakespearesEdge said:

Many times when I clip something from the web, the resulting note is severely misformatted and, oftentimes, missing whole parts of the source (especially if some of the parts of the web page are contained in an iframe or some Javascript or whatever else). Therefore, it would be great if a "share" or "clip" into Evernote was something akin to a PDF (or, better, an actual PDF):  a static, exact duplicate of the source. For me, the last reason I'll clip a web page is to bookmark it; I'll clip it because I'll want to save the web page exactly as I see it - like a photocopy of the source.

Please don't post the same question in multiple forums. Also, this should be better directed to the web clipper folks; their Product Feedback forum is here: https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/256-web-clipper-product-feedback/

• Level 5*
19 hours ago, ShakespearesEdge said:

The question is relevant in both forums because it concerns both OS's. 

It's relevant to the web clipper, which is where the request belongs....

33 minutes ago, jefito said:

It's relevant to the web clipper, which is where the request belongs....

Jefito, last night you busted some killa moves on the dance floor, and, this morning, you've awakened in the throes of a killa backache. While it's true that all mammals have a spinal column, confusing the Windows web clipper with the Android share function is like going to see a veterinarian instead of an orthopedic surgeon to treat your back because while it's also true that the procedure the vet would use as treatment for, say, a whale's backache would be far more similar than different in comparison to the bone doc's, you wouldn't go to a veterinarian, would you, jefito? I wouldn't, either.  The web clipper is for Windows, jefito. Evernote's Android doesn't have a web clipper. Evernote's Android does, however, have a "share" feature. The web clipper and the share features are much more similar than they are different, this is true. But, jefito, they're  not exactly the same, either. The whale goes to the vet. You go to the bone doc. And both live to dance another night!

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, ShakespearesEdge said:

The web clipper is for Windows, jefito.

Um, thanks for the cute metaphor spew, but the web clipper runs in your browser, and is not an Evernote client. That's why there's a dedicated forum for it, which is a much better location to discuss, point out bugs, and make feature requests for the web clipper(s).

31 minutes ago, jefito said:

Um, thanks for the cute metaphor spew, but the web clipper runs in your browser, and is not an Evernote client. That's why there's a dedicated forum for it, which is a much better location to discuss, point out bugs, and make feature requests for the web clipper(s).

:rolleyes:

Archived