Create link to new note

dixonbruce

Idea

I have searched but couldn't find another discussion of this idea, though I imagine over the years it must have come up. Please link me to it if so.

It would be very useful if we could select some text in an existing note and create a link to a new note of that name. Currently, you have to leave the note you're writing, create the new one, copy its link then return to the previous note. As a way of more freely flowing between ideas and notes, I love this idea. This is something you can do in VoodooPad which I always loved.

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, dixonbruce said:

It would be very useful if we could select some text in an existing note and create a link to a new note of that name.

Interesting idea.  Pending implementation, I could possibly use a script to do this on my Mac

Perhaps if there were already a note by the same name as the highlighted text, the link is created and that existing note opened.  

It would probably be to much to expect that if you type in the title of an existing note, EN would advise you of that — something like with dates.

Archived