Dyslexics need more notebooks.

ZAOBOW

Idea

Please remove the notebook limit. Tags do not work for some people with dyslexia, including myself. I can't get used to using them having tried for years. I just need an unlimited amount of notebooks. Right now my evernote is a mess as I cannot put things in new notebooks and it really stopped being a useful tool for me once I hit the notebook limit. 

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, ZAOBOW said:

Please remove the notebook limit. Tags do not work for some people with dyslexia

There are other requests for an increased limit but I'm curious as to why this is a "dyslexia" issue
Why does a Notebook differ from a Tag?

On 8/24/2017 at 6:15 AM, DTLow said:

There are other requests for an increased limit but I'm curious as to why this is a "dyslexia" issue
Why does a Notebook differ from a Tag?

Dyslexica is a brain processing issue, so in part it's an organizational issue. Some of us just prefer the organizational tool of putting something in a searchable folder essentially, rather than having to figure out what we need to tag the article with each time, then having to figure out which tag we used when we want to find it, tags lead to limitless anxiety for some dyslexics. What's the problem with providing an unlimited amount of notebooks? Why limit that when it would help so many?

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, ZAOBOW said:

What's the problem with providing an unlimited amount of notebooks? Why limit that when it would help so many?

I see no technical reason for the limits

I think Evernote historically views Notebooks (limit 250) as different than Tags (limit 100,000)

• Tags are only used for organization; can be organized with an unlimited hierarchy
  • Notebooks are used to identify Sync’d/Local, Shared, Offline

>>tags lead to limitless anxiety for some dyslexics

Also some non-dyslexics.  :)

Personally, I see no difference between   Notebook:Insurance   and   Tag:Insurance
but I can see the anxiety if you take tagging beyond the simple example

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, DTLow said:

Personally, I see no difference between   Notebook=Insurance   and   Tag=Insurance

Very little substantive difference, so far as I can tell, when used simply. Searching for one or the other is about the same complexity, with the added benefit that you can search for multiple tags at a time, but only a single notebook (or stack). It would be a pain to convert notes from 250 separate notebooks to use equivalent tags, though I've no doubt that you could script that on the Mac.

My sense is that the 250 notebook limitation is a philosophical one (it used to be a 100 notebook limit). As I read it, Evernote believes in tags; notebooks, not so much...

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, jefito said:

It would be a pain to convert notes from 250 separate notebooks to use equivalent tags

Conversion is easier on the Mac/Windows platform; we can do bulk note changes

I try to encourage new users to use tags and leave notebooks for the (Sync’d/Local, Shared, Offline) feature

And yes, I could script it on my Mac; my programmer side would do that if I had more than one note to process

• Level 5*
10 minutes ago, DTLow said:

And yes, I could script it on my Mac; my programmer side would do that if I had more than one note to process

That's just me being a little jealous of the Mac's Evernote scripting capabilities. :) 

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, jefito said:

That's just me being a little jealous of the Mac's Evernote scripting capabilities. :) 

I hear you! Every time I see @DTLow mention some workaround or enhancement he developed using EN Mac scripts, I am envious as an EN Windows user.

Archived