preserving spaces between Tables

Momofthrees

Idea

When I create a group of tables in EN 6.7.2.5576.  I set the spacing I want between the tables (usually only one line), sync. Go to another note. Come back to note in question and spacing between tables appears to be random again.

CAN WE PLEASE FIX THIS BEFORE THE NEXT UPDATE?  I often print from EN and this spacing issue is driving me crazy.Clipboard01.jpg.c844d71aa39b867aeac3444a319acae2.jpg

What I want it to look ^^^^ like.

Clipboard02.jpg.e39577d9d7a2b86297e3993fdc6ec69d.jpg

What I am getting ^^^^^!  Please fix this!

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

By default there are two lines between the tables.  One actual line and one line for the table control icons.  And no way to eliminate them as far as I can tell.  You putting a line in makes it 3.

I am not putting in the lines. I am deleting the blank space between them until I get image I shown above. But when I sync, I get image 2.  I have since reverted to the previous version of EN. This new update has way too many bugs for me.  I don't think this feature was ready for primetime.

• Level 5*
19 minutes ago, Momofthrees said:

I am not putting in the lines. I am deleting the blank space between them until I get image I shown above. But when I sync, I get image 2.  I have since reverted to the previous version of EN. This new update has way too many bugs for me.  I don't think this feature was ready for primetime.

I don't care for the extra lines either, but it looks like the line below the table is for the scroll bar (whether it is needed or not, and the line above the table is for the table editing icons.  And sometimes a blank line is inserted between those two.

ScreenClip.png.aec0961d8ccafcf8f5e65eec16f69f4b.png

That's another thing I don't like.  I have to tell it to make the note the width of the note window every single time, and some times after I paste text, I have to tell it to make the note the width of the note window again.  If you notice in my second image, the spaces between tables is not consistent either.  Even though I deleted all space between the tables, the third table has almost twice the white space as the first two do.  

The only feature I liked in this update was the ability to color tables. The rest of the "features" they added to me were not features at all.  In my example despite the fact that I had repeatedly told it to make the note the width of the note window, it still has a scroll bar because for some reason if you paste any text at all, you have to reset that "feature".  THere is no Global way to tell it to set all tables a certain width so instead of making me more productive, this "feature' was making me less productive.

• Level 5*

As a workaround, you could

1. Create a template for the table you want, column widths and colors, etc. 
  2. Drag that note to the desktop which will create an ENEX file there.  
  3. Then whenever you double click that icon a new note will appear in your default notebook as a starting point.  

Pasting text doesn't seem to change the characteristics of the table for me.  Though any column width changes do which one would expect.  FWIW.

Archived