I have a note of around 100 images, how do I export as a multipage PDF?

When I control click on the note, and export as a PDF, the 100 or so images, appear in my Mac downloads folder, as a single page PDF, the 100 images are still there but it's really long and thin, since all those images are on a single page PDF.

The images are photos, of my personal notes from my studies, and need to be in the specific order they are in on Evernote and ideally, exported as a multipage PDF from Evernote.

When I first scanned them in using Evernote, I used the Evernote app to scan them in, and rather than scanning as a PDF like the Scannable app when there is more than 1 image, the Evernote app adds the all as images.

I was hoping there would be a simple way to convert this to a multipage PDF? 

Currently when I convert the note in Evernote, into a PDF, and click on 'download' on the pdf doc in Evernote, it appears like this on my Mac: see attached screenshot. it appears like this because even though there are 100 images, it's all on a single page PDF, not multipage. 

Any ideas how to get this into a multipage PDF? Using Evernote or another app?

screenshot.png

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, Dan5819 said:

You can right click and save the attachments

At this point, you're no longer restricted by Evernote and can process the images by another app

On 20/08/2017 at 0:07 AM, DTLow said:

You can right click and save the attachments

At this point, you're no longer restricted by Evernote and can process the images by another app

Hey, thanks for your messages here, I saw that it was possible to save all attachments from the note.

The note has over 100 pages (in the form of images in Evernote) of a document & when the attachments are saved they are not in the same order as they are in Evernote.

This will take a lot of time to re order into the correct order.

Strange that they don't export out of Evernote in the same order as they are in on the note

I noticed the same thing. The conversion from multiple scanned document pages into a PDF note used to generate a PDF where each image was on a separate page. Now the pdf is one single page? I don't know why or when this behavior changed, but I definitely want the old version back!

• Sad 1
  • 2 months later...

I have exactly the same problem and it's actually the worst problem I've noticed about Evernote so far. I've been using Evernote to "scan" a lot of documents recently and only then I realized how difficult it is to convert them to normal multi-page PDFs. I would say this should be an obvious feature - because nobody wants you to email them a scanned document in the form of  bunch of PNG separate images - one page per one PNG image. Literally everybody today expects to get a nice PDF with as many pages as the original document has.

This "Export to PDF" feature is imho somewhat crazy in that it creates a horribly "tall" and "thin" PDF that you even can't print anymore.

The solution that Dan5819 suggests could be a reasonable workaround but only in case the "right click and save attachments" would save them preserving their order in the target folder. Now they appear to be saved pretty randomly.

This is so bad for me that I actually think of cancelling the premium subscription of Evernote and migrate to a different tool where this wouldn't be such a problem.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I have been struggling with a similar issue for some time. In fact this morning I sat down to share a document in this way and now find myself in an hours long rabbit hole of trying to create a simple PDF to share from Evernote.

I cannot find a simple solution in this bulletin board. Or online, there is something to do with an app called Penultimate but it is only available for iPad. I agree with the above post, this should be an absolutely essential feature. 

I have opened the below support ticket with Evernote, I will post here if they reply:

Hello, I have a note with around a dozen A4 size images snapped or clipped using the proprietary camera app from within the note composition window on the iPhone.

It would appear that it is not possible to export this note as a multipage PDF document that I can share with someone.

Can you please explain how I do this?

This would be an absolutely necessary feature for me, I have been using Evernote for sometime and I cannot find a simple two or three or even four click click way of sharing and exporting a note for another user to use who does not use the Evernote platform. I have paid for Evernote premium it seems like this should be an essential feature to me and simple to locate from a one click dropdown menu. What do you think?

On 15/01/2018 at 10:37 AM, toujours_nouveau said:

I have been struggling with a similar issue for some time. In fact this morning I sat down to share a document in this way and now find myself in an hours long rabbit hole of trying to create a simple PDF to share from Evernote.

I cannot find a simple solution in this bulletin board. Or online, there is something to do with an app called Penultimate but it is only available for iPad. I agree with the above post, this should be an absolutely essential feature. 

I have opened the below support ticket with Evernote, I will post here if they reply:

Hello, I have a note with around a dozen A4 size images snapped or clipped using the proprietary camera app from within the note composition window on the iPhone.

It would appear that it is not possible to export this note as a multipage PDF document that I can share with someone.

Can you please explain how I do this?

This would be an absolutely necessary feature for me, I have been using Evernote for sometime and I cannot find a simple two or three or even four click click way of sharing and exporting a note for another user to use who does not use the Evernote platform. I have paid for Evernote premium it seems like this should be an essential feature to me and simple to locate from a one click dropdown menu. What do you think?

Yep you’d think so. You can even turn websites into PDFs nowadays from safari in iPhone you’d think Evernote would have this feature.

i had to pay somebody in the end to do 2 hours work and create a PDF out of the 100 or so images I had in an EN note. 

Evernote csn create them but it puts them all on one page rather than seperate page PDF so I had 100 page document squeezed onto a single page PDF

Good Luck

• 5 months later...
On 8/19/2017 at 1:28 PM, Dan5819 said:

When I control click on the note, and export as a PDF, the 100 or so images, appear in my Mac downloads folder, as a single page PDF, the 100 images are still there but it's really long and thin, since all those images are on a single page PDF.

The images are photos, of my personal notes from my studies, and need to be in the specific order they are in on Evernote and ideally, exported as a multipage PDF from Evernote.

When I first scanned them in using Evernote, I used the Evernote app to scan them in, and rather than scanning as a PDF like the Scannable app when there is more than 1 image, the Evernote app adds the all as images.

I was hoping there would be a simple way to convert this to a multipage PDF? 

Currently when I convert the note in Evernote, into a PDF, and click on 'download' on the pdf doc in Evernote, it appears like this on my Mac: see attached screenshot. it appears like this because even though there are 100 images, it's all on a single page PDF, not multipage. 

screenshot.png

I would export the images, then using a purpose-built tool like Acrobat Pro, or PDFpen Pro, create the PDF. This way, you can control the layout, and the level of compression.

• 2 weeks later...

I have noticed this problem for some time and as a Premium Member am very frustrated that there's no built-in way to convert a multiple image Note to a multiple page PDF. 

I tried at least three of the suggestions above and none of them worked for my Note.

I don't see that any Evernote employee responded to this thread.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/20/2018 at 9:51 AM, DTLow said:

Macs also have a print-to-pdf feature.  It creates page breaks

FYI, Print-to-PDF is page-breaking all the images of printed documents (via Scannable) in the middle of the page. :(