Empty Notes

Donald Pudney

Idea

As an ECC I am on version 6.12 Beta 2 (455250 Direct) and using macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

I am seeing notes where in the notes sidebar I can see the note contains the correct information, when I open the note it is empty, when I click on history I can see the correct information and after I import it to a new notebook it is empty again.

I can see the note in the web version, and have done the force sync on my Mac version. The force sync did not seem to work as it did not run for very long and I was careful not to use the system as advised. The note is still not correct.

I can see also see on my mobile device and am using an iPhone 7 Plus with iOS 10.3.3 and Evernote version as below 

ZOAEam8h4hRwbsrz96knVgC3k?token=eyJhbGciOiJkaXIiLCJlbmMiOiJBMTI4Q0JDLUhTMjU2In0..61VyWyAjSr8A6HIYx57HnQ.wozjojF1TxVR6xqTW4f0ofDjZFIOOzZpq2rb1Gz_rWzqv_2Uzt29tF0sUF3dLkBMeQ10szK-tTtT5_0ZHwF5ecgEdZ3RDUZ0_qr6vTt-CK6oCdy6h6wpctRhLdP3yL0GIS1OXWGNjBSKf8N7t0vpo_VdCcXcMAzNPpGxwe3x_takRx3CoIr-O-wqupc_Vn9h9pBMMtJJCvn6MnKiCAp3kak3qxHx1TAZlQnG7F4X6ODXzlFRiV9s5SM2wSCfkWaBkOBVYz_03FKEhOFitBlMIA.DmeJ82NIAxryZbIrB2l4zQ

empty note.pdf

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, Donald Pudney said:

I can see the note in the web version, and have done the force sync on my Mac version.

First, try a reboot of the Mac; it solves many problems

My solution would be a complete uninstall; reinstall the app and let the database rebuilt from the servers
Warning: The rebuild doesn't include Local Notebooks or unsync'd notes

The app AppCleaner is recommended to do a complete uninstall.  It deletes the app, database and other files

• Level 5*

HI.  See

"Resolved issue that caused some notes to render blank...."

(If you're having problems with a beta / recent release it's always best to check the release threads for related issues,  and post there if you find a new one...)

Hi, Thanks for answer, however  I am on 6.12 beta 2 and am still seeing the problem and therefore wrote the post.  Possibly the bug still exists, and I am not sure to check if the issue was there in beta 1 and just rolled over to beta 2 or still occurring in beta 2.

• Level 5*
On 2017-08-15 at 10:04 PM, Donald Pudney said:

I am seeing notes where in the notes sidebar I can see the note contains the correct information, when I open the note it is empty

Are you sure the note is finished opening.  Can you actually type into it

My Mac often goes into zombie mode and there is a delay in opening notes.  I see a blank note like you posted.

The Actvity Log, shows the progam is looping, trying to do something like obtaining a lock

I opened ticket 1895717 and support advised me the problem has been resolved in the latest version (beta)

Archived