Data loss : note erased by a note created earlier with Evernote Web Clipper

Hi,

I'm just starting with Evernote and, in 3 hours, I've been facing several bugs.

Last one, quite confusing, is about losing the content of a note just after writing it on my iPhone! The content of this note that I wrote was erased, just magically, by the content of a note that I "clipped" earlier with Evernote Web Clipper.

Here is what happen :

1. First, I created my note "A" on my Windows Desktop Evernote.
  2. The sync went well.
  3. 15 minutes later I continued to edit this note "A" on my smartphone.
  4. When I was over, I closed the note "A". Still on my smartphone, I was seeing the main interface containing the list of all my notes including, in the first position, the one I had just edited.
  5. A few seconds later, I've got a new idea that I wanted to add to my note "A".
  6. So, I edited the note ...
    And, the content of the note "A" was not at all what I had just edited!
    The content of the note "A" was erased by the content of a note "B" that I added by Evernote Web Clipper an hour earlier !
  7. I couldn't believe it... So, I closed the note, seeing again the main interface containing the list of all my notes including, still in the first position, the one I had just edited. The title was correct and the preview (first two sentences) was also correct. But when I opened it again, the content was not the one that I just previewed and that I wrote earlier!
  8. I closed the note again, but this time, the preview was also updated with the new non-desired content :(

• Here are some complementary information perhaps useful for diagnostic / debugging :
    • The note "B" still exists by its own.
    • The two notes were and still are in the same notebook and have the same tag.
    • The titles of the two notes were different and are still different. Only the content of the note "A" has been erased. Neither the title nor the URL source were copied.
    • The pictures from the web page contained in the note "B" were not copied when erasing content of the note "A"
    • The website clipped for note "B" was : https://help.evernote.com/hc/fr/articles/209004767-Comment-capturer-des-idées-avec-votre-smartphone
    • Configuration : 
      • Desktop : Windows 10 : Evernote 6.5.4.4720
      • Web clipped extension installed on Chrome 60.0.3112.90
      • Smartphone : iPhone 6 with IoS 10.3.2

Can it be related to the problem described since 2014 in this threat (still unresolved!) : 

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED before I quit using Evernote... I can not using a product so unstable.

Or is it a way perhaps to convince customer to buy the "Premium" option to get the the history feature... ;)

Best regards,

Alex

PS. Hope my English will be understandable...

• Level 5*

Hi.  First,  we're a mainly user-supported forum,  so support and suggestions here,  but debugging is above our pay grade.  If you've had a data loss for any reason I strongly suggest you reach out to Support directly if you're a paying customer on https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new or tweet them if not via https://twitter.com/evernotehelps

It sounds like you may have run into an issue which came up with the last update - the content of one note being shown under the title of another.  If you had looked at the note on another device you may have seen the original content.  It may still be available if you search for keywords.

The very latest release suggests the problem was cured -

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

I updated the app with this last update. Hope the bug won't come back again.

I'm a new paying customer. I didn't know there was a place dedicated to debugging. I will post my future debug request (hope there won't be any new ones...) through this way.

All the best,
Alex

Archived