Disable Display of Thumbnails or URLs

Hi,

I HATE the feature where a thumbnail of an image from the document is displayed in the list of notes.  I often have long titles that I want to see and when a thumbnail is displayed I loose so much of the title text that I often have to open a note just to see what the title is.  It's particularly aggravating when the thumbnail is just the generic PDF icon.  Is there any way to turn the thumbnails off?  

Also, I have the same question re the information that shows up to the right of the tags of a note.  Sometimes it's an arbitrarily selected URL, sometimes it's a location, and I think I've seen other things there as well.  It's never anything I want to see and it takes space that I need to see tags for the note.  Can that be disabled?  

Thanks,
Mike

Evernote Screen.jpg

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, mikea144 said:

I HATE the feature where a thumbnail of an image from the document is displayed in the list of notes.  I often have long titles that I want to see and when a thumbnail is displayed I loose so much of the title text that I often have to open a note just to see what the title is.  It's particularly aggravating when the thumbnail is just the generic PDF icon.  Is there any way to turn the thumbnails off?  

There are different view options for the note list.  This is from my Mac599313cd3843e_ScreenShot2017-08-15at08_28_46.png.9878b3cdb4adda682e9b15c2911482eb.png

I've moved the discussion to the Windows forum
You'll get better suggestions from a Windows user

Dave,

Thanks.  I'll see if I can get used to the Top List.  It sort of looks like my Thunderbird email client & it's easier to change the sort order.  

Any ideas on getting rid of the information that shows up to the right of the tags of a note?  

Mike

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, mikea144 said:

Dave,

Thanks.  I'll see if I can get used to the Top List.  It sort of looks like my Thunderbird email client & it's easier to change the sort order.  

Any ideas on getting rid of the information that shows up to the right of the tags of a note?  

Mike

Right click in the title bar and deselect whichever columns you don't want.  You can also drag the columns to change the order if you like.  

Depending upon the number of columns you want to see, sometimes Side List view works well if you put them on the left.  Then you see the columns you want, you get to see more of the note, and you can easily switch to Top List (or scroll) if you want to see any other columns.  FWIW.

Archived