Android 5.1.1 Chrome 59.0 Share... + Add to Evernote menu item busted

__John L.

Idea

I am using the latest version of Chrome (v59.0) on Android 5.1.1, and am having trouble with the Chrome menu item "Share... + Add to Evernote" when a web-page that contains HTML input field content is displayed. The input field content is not transferred to the Evernote Note that is clipped.

I suspect this is an Evernote design issue. The Evernote app is v7.12

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  Are you saying that you fill in a form on a web page,  and when clipped, you get the form, but not your responses?  If so,  that happens in most desktop browsers too.  Don't know the correct technical explanation,  but I've always taken it that unlike a paper form where your inked responses are inextricably part of the document,  web forms are designed to save your individual responses on a different 'layer',  so the site gets your response without the baggage of the complete form being attached.

I always copy forms with screen shots which gives me a WYSIWYG copy.

Yes, that is what I'm saying.

My take on it is it is a software design oversight, that can be addressed by the developers.

Your interpretation is not incorrect, simply more work needs to be done to complete the job. I'd like to see the product improved.

A workaround exists. I myself generate a .pdf copy of the page, that correctly captures the input fields.

• Level 5*

Feature requests get dealt with in order of feasibility and user demand,  the demand being measured by however many votes a particular suggestion gets.  I moved this to the Feature Request forum to get a voting button - if you'd like to see this feature being worked on,  please vote at top left of this page.

Archived