We apologize for the inconvenience, but chat support is currently unavailable. Please feel free to submit an email ticket or reach out at discussion.evernote.com. Thank you for understanding. ×
chegoyo

Evernote crashing on Fire Tablet HD8 (sixth generation)

Today, Evernote app crashed while I was typing. I then stopped the Evernote app but it refused to open (it crashed while oppening). I then shutdown my Fire tablet. But again Evernote refused to open. Finally, I uninstalled Evernote and reinstalled it again ( I did this operation twice) with the result that it crahed while it was synchronizing (half way intothe process more or less). I uninstalled/reinstalled for a third time. It synchronized fine but when I began working on my current note it crashed on me again. As I am on an Android device I cannot use Evernote web. Please help me.

Hi.  Any internet-connected computer will give you access to your notes - simply open a browser and log into your account.  On a tablet you can also try opening a browser to Evernote.com,  though the results may not be impressive on a small screen.  I've no experience with Fire tablets - the standard fix for mobile issues is to uninstall and reinstall the app. 

It's possible that the latest Evernote app needs an Android version different to what you have available - this site has previous Evernote versions available if you want to try stepping back a bit.  Just uninstall / reinstall.

For more information I'd suggest you reach out to Support directly if you're a paying customer on https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new or tweet them if not via https://twitter.com/evernotehelps

Problem seems to have been solved by itself. I keep uninstalling and installing it. I quit to do other tasks and when I came back Evernote opened without so far crashing.

• Like 1

The Power of the Forums! ;)  Fingers crossed it stays that way...