Simplify formatting

Mazerolle

Idea

I cannot find "simplify formatting" on the web version, as I do with a right click in the windows version.

This is a very useful feature for cleaning the clutter of web pages and make them more readable. When do you plan to have the feature in the web version and in the ipad version (it existed, but disappeared).

Thanks for the info,

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Because it has to operate from within the limited space of the web browser,  that version lacks some abilities of the installed clients.  Simplify Formatting is one of them.  You can approximate the operation of that feature by copying and pasting to a text-only app like Notepad and then from there to a note,  or by doing some editing in another app that will accept pasted content like this - MSWord or some such.

9 hours ago, gazumped said:

Because it has to operate from within the limited space of the web browser,  that version lacks some abilities of the installed clients.  Simplify Formatting is one of them.  You can approximate the operation of that feature by copying and pasting to a text-only app like Notepad and then from there to a note,  or by doing some editing in another app that will accept pasted content like this - MSWord or some such.

Any idea on the availability of this feature? If I remember correctly, it existed in a previous version? Best,

• Level 5*

AFAIK there are only two versions of the web software,  the 'classic' and the 'new'.  Recent users don't have the option to change from one to the other,  but if you had an account for more than 18 months,  check in Settings to see whether you have the option to switch back.  I don't know if highlighting was a feature in the original version,  but that's the only other option for it to have existed at all...

Simplify (and remove all) formatting do not remove certain formats as before

• In previous versions whenever I applied "simplify formatting" in a note, font size returned to the default.
  • In previous versions whenever I applied "remove all formatting" in a note, font size, bold and links were removed (amongst a lot of format) 

Since Evernote 6.7.5.5825 (305825) on Windows 7 64bits, these mentioned formats remain in the note after applying "simplify formatting" or "remove all formatting"

8 months ago, I've asked to the Evernote Community and they told me: "I'm sorry you're facing this issue. There have been reports of formatting issue and it's been reported to Evernote. We're expecting a fix in the next update (sadly). ". Then I added my "voice" as recommended in the following topic.

Time has passed by and nothing happened. Nowadays, applying those functions I cannot see any difference with the original content, maybe some space?

This is clearly an issue. Will it be fixed someday?

Archived