Implement "Simplified Article" view in Evernote

estevancarlos

Idea

One strange aspect of Evernote is that although it allows an amazing assortment of options for note taking, it does not offer many/any features to ease the reading process. Note taking goes hand in hand with reading, listening, viewing.

I will often use the "Simplified Article" option within the Evernote Chrome plugin. When I view the simplified article I LOVE IT. The article become a maximum width, the images are organized carefully with the article. It becomes easier to view and read. However there's a catch. It doesn't save the article in that format within Evernote. I understand that the point of the simplified feature is not about readability as opposed to removing parts of the page that may not relate to the article. However as a matter of user experience, it's confusing to _view_ the reader-friendly page in the browser but not see it in the application.

My suggestion: A readability option for all notes. A button that will duplicate what the "Simplified Article" button does in the browser plugin.

This is a problem that has been solved by others in the past and can be duplicated - https://mercury.postlight.com/reader/

ever_issue.jpg

2 replies to this idea

Archived