Widget does not update note content

Evernote Widget on Android does not update its copy of the note, even though Evernote Android already displays the latest copy of the note.

1. I have a note, Version A.
  2. I updated the note on Evernote Desktop at 6 pm, going from Version A to Version B.
  3. I synced Evernote Android, and the app shows Version B of the note.
  4. I look at my android widget, it shows a timestamp of 6 pm (version B ) but the content remains that of Version A
  • Level 5*

I noticed the widget seems to lag behind a little,  not sure why - but it's not been a problem for me since I neeed to open the full note for reference or editing anyway.

Does it cause an issue for your workflow?

2 hours ago, gazumped said:

I noticed the widget seems to lag behind a little,  not sure why - but it's not been a problem for me since I neeed to open the full note for reference or editing anyway.

Does it cause an issue for your workflow?

Not so much a workflow issue, but a kind of dissonance. Like

• "I'm pretty sure I changed something on that checklist.."
  • "wait it looks updated already, isn't it?"
  • *Goes back and forth between Android, Windows and widget to make sure contents and timestamps align*

I wouldn't mind it so much if I had a force sync, or knew it updated when I clicked on it. But currently I'm always second-guessing my modifications, second-guessing the sync server. Granted it is relevant only for notes with contents short enough to view in the widget view, but that doesn't make the issue any less uncomfortable.

• Level 5*

I think the practical problem is that mobile devices don't save notes on the device,  so what you see in the widget isn't a direct copy of the edits you just made - it's a summary generated by the server copy of the note,  and synced back down to the device - so it takes a little while to do the housekeeping up and down and show you a current version.  I'd guess there are plans to improve the responsiveness of the system,  but what priority they might have is anyone's guess...

Archived