[Solved] Transfer Local Databases to New Computer

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, RightPaddock said:

I've moved the data and configured local data to refer to that location, but I'm not seeing and local databases

Can you provide details on  “moved the data and configured”

It may not have worked and Evernote simply downloaded the database from the server

I have access to the server located databases.

But I repeat "most of my notebooks are local."  The local notebooks are in whoever.exb, Attachments etc.  I am not seeing them.  I see the Tags but not the Notes.

The path D:\Application Data\Evernote is the same on both the old and new systems

RP

• Level 5*

The EXB thing should work, but if it isn't, then you should try exporting your notebooks individually to Evernote format (.ENEX) , and then importing them on your new machine. 

With respect to diagnosing the EXB problem, you can check the location of your original database using Tools / Options / General / Open Database Folder to make sure that you have the right database.

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, RightPaddock said:

I have access to the server located databases.

But I repeat "most of my notebooks are local."  The local notebooks are in whoever.exb, Attachments etc.  I am not seeing them.  I see the Tags but not the Notes.

The path D:\Application Data\Evernote is the same on both the old and new systems

I think you're saying you copied whoever.exb to your new computer
You could try repeating that; replacing the new .exb file

btw, the .exb file stores all your notes; both local and sync'd

• Level 5*

Last time I did a full database transfer I copied the Databases folder from my old computer,  then downloaded and installed Evernote on my new computer.  I exited Evernote,  renamed the new Databases folder to something else and replaced it with the original.  Took about 10 minutes including coffee.  Worked fine.

21 hours ago, jefito said:

[ . . . ] try exporting your notebooks individually to Evernote format (.ENEX) , and then importing them on your new machine. 

I went this route.  It allowed me to some tidying up along the way.  And it it was far less fiddlesome than I anticipated - a snap really.

Thanks all

Archived