Inconsistent Note Link Code Generated :(

I've started using the Note Link feature a good bit, both in Evernote itself and outside. That is, I use Things, which allows you to drag in links, documents, etc. to a particular ToDo item. 

If I make a Note Link, paste it into another note in Evernote, and then do right-click, "copy link", then I get a link like this evernote:///view/467162679/s17/e6e14cd6-71f9-4dcb-91da-4616ee0061ad/e6e14cd6-71f9-4dcb-91da-4616ee0061ad/

And clicking on that in Things opens up the right note in Evernote. Perfect, though a bit cumbersome. 

However, if I use the keyboard shortcut to create a Note Link (which is automatically copied to the clipboard), I get a link like this

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s17/nl/467162679/e6e14cd6-71f9-4dcb-91da-4616ee0061ad/

And when I click on that in Things, instead of taking me to my Evernote app, it loads a browser, and takes me to the Evernote log-in page. Obviously not what I want. 

My question

Is there a way to generate the first kind of link from the Create Note Link keyboard shortcut?

• Level 5*
50 minutes ago, BrooklynBen said:

Is there a way to generate the first kind of link from the Create Note Link keyboard shortcut?

Holding down the Option key forces the Classic, in-apt link

Without the Option key, the link pastes as

1. Classic, in-apt link (///view/)  if used within Evernote
  2. Browser link (https://) if used outside Evernote

Thanks for the reply. I'm unclear, though. The keyboard shortcut to generate a note link already uses the option key (ctrl+opt+command+c); In textedit and Things, option+command+v doesn't do anything, no pasting at all. 

Unless there's a different shortcut for generating a Note Link...?

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, BrooklynBen said:

Thanks for the reply. I'm unclear, though. The keyboard shortcut to generate a note link already uses the option key (ctrl+opt+command+c); In textedit and Things, option+command+v doesn't do anything, no pasting at all. 

Unless there's a different shortcut for generating a Note Link...?

My method of generating a note link is to right click on the note in the note list598a3aefb9e31_ScreenShot2017-08-08at15_25_40.png.a096867eba6eae66746abd20b04e86eb.png
This is where I use the option key to force a classic link

Archived