EVERNOTE/IPAD PRO -- APPLE PENCIL

ANDREA MEDIC

Idea

HI EVERYBODY

I take notes when visiting customers, and add them to my Evernote (later on) writing by keyboard, this means I do the job twice. Now, if I buy IPADPRO+APPLE PENCIL will I be able to write notes down DIRECTLY, and then register them ? and/or, will EVERNOTE be able to convert my writing to letters like if I used the keyboard ?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help, ciao !

9 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, ANDREA MEDIC said:

will EVERNOTE be able to convert my writing to letters like if I used the keyboard ?

Evernote doesn't have a handwriting conversion feature
There is an OCR feature, but its used for search indexing only

My process is to use alternate editors which have this conversion
Currently, I'm trying out GoodNotes; it works great with the iPad and Pencil
It makes the import to Evernote easier, either as sections of text; or a mass pdf conversion

I've also used MyScript Stylus; an alternate keyboard that converts the handwriting as I write

THANKS !

So, trying to summarize : 

1) you write down with Apple Pencil on Ipad pro on GOODNOTES ;

2) then, from the hand written note, you convert it into text, and you copy/paste this text into Evernote ? or you import the PDF copy of the handwritten text (not converted) ?

Sorry to bother you again but before buying the Ipad pro this is pretty much important !

Thanks in advance, ciao 

• Level 5*
28 minutes ago, ANDREA MEDIC said:

2) then, from the hand written note, you convert it into text, and you copy/paste this text into Evernote ? or you import the PDF copy of the handwritten text (not converted) ?

Actually the pdf is converted to text by GoodNotes

I prefer to transfer section by section so I can correct transcription errors.  I end up with a much cleaner note

Note, these aren’t Pro/Pencil questions, but I do find the Pro and Pencil great devices to work with.  Much improvement over the older capacitive stylus

@DTLow, I'm curious---how do you transfer convert-to-text content from GoodNotes into EN? 

I'm using Notes Plus and have to admit, I love it, although I rarely use the Convert to Text feature. Most of the time, I simply export my handwritten notes as PDF into EN, then move them to whatever notebook they belong in.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, PaperQueen said:

how do you transfer convert-to-text content from GoodNotes into EN? 

In the screenshots from my iPad Pro, I'm transcribing my notes

IMG_1782.thumb.PNG.5fad607fe6562b39132e9b0e62275264.PNG
I have GoodNotes on the left and Evernote on the right
I use the lasso tool and have the option to convert my handwriting

IMG_1783.thumb.PNG.a6d6915e24191000f64317bb408544f2.PNG

At this point I can copy/paste the text into Evernote

Another option is to use the share icon to send the text to a new note

>>I'm using Notes Plus and have to admit, I love it, although I rarely use the Convert to Text feature. Most of the time, I simply export my handwritten notes as PDF into EN, then move them to whatever notebook they belong in.

That works well too.  I just like cleaning up my notes

2 hours ago, DTLow said:

I have GoodNotes on the left and Evernote on the right

Why in the world didn't it occur to me to use split screen? :::duh::: Could do the same thing with Notes Plus.

A few moments later....

Nope. Doesn't work. In Notes Plus:

• If you select a section of text for conversion, then copy, it lands on the Notes Plus clipboard, making it available only to Notes Plus.
  • If you instead translate the entire page at one time, then copy, it lands on the system clipboard, making it available to other apps (i.e., EN).

Crud. I love everything else about the app (especially the built-in browser). Something to think about if I eventually begin converting handwriting to text.

I know this is pretty late but I wondered whether you were aware you can just handwrite notes directly into Evernote on any IOS device like your phone or iPad? If you are just storing them in Evernote to refer back to them later.

Here is a link to Evernote Help about it

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/213493077-How-to-add-hand-drawn-sketches-to-Evernote-on-iOS-devices 

On 4/24/2018 at 4:14 AM, Jason Connor said:

But the issue is that written text isn't searchable; whereas if written text was converted it was be searchable -- a big bonus.

hand written text is searchable - exactly as it works with e. g. photos containing text. The results may vary - e. g. GoodNotes does a much better job with text recognition. Maybe you‘ve to wait a while until the Evernote servers have indexed your handwritten notes.

Archived