Evernote web clipper: officially gave up and switching to OneNote

Nicolene

Idea

I've never been so irritated with getting something to work, I eventually gave up and doubt that I will come back to Evernote. The web clipper keeps crashing: I read just about every single user forum with tips and ensured the correct commands are enabled on IE, but it simply wont send to Evernote: it simply keeps crashing.

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  If you decide you want to try again,  please let us know what version of IE / Edge you're using and exactly what errors / messages you're seeing;  we may be able to help.  Did you try Firefox or Chrome as possible browser options?  Clipper extensions are available for most browsers,  and should work pretty well.  I'm not aware of any problems with IE. 

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, Nicolene said:

I've never been so irritated with getting something to work, I eventually gave up and doubt that I will come back to Evernote. The web clipper keeps crashing: I read just about every single user forum with tips and ensured the correct commands are enabled on IE, but it simply wont send to Evernote: it simply keeps crashing.

that is unfortunate. I use both OneNote (work Office 365 account) and Evernote (personal and general producitivity) on both Windows and Mac, and while in general I think Evernote is superior to OneNote overall, there is no contest on the clipper. The OneNote clipper is so bad even at work I will clip pages with Evernote then manually copy|paste them into OneNote. 

What browser are you running on your Mac? I use Safari and have not had any issues the clipper. I have Chrome loaded too but rarely use it on the Mac.

Archived