(Archived) New tags not added to android app

seang

Great work on the new android app! Just one small problem with tagging - after the last android app update I could see all of tags that I created in the Windows version. Recently, I noticed that tags created on the desktop AFTER I updated the mobile app do not appear on my phone. It seems as though the list of tags that Android "sees" is never updated after it's installed. The notes themselves are present, but the tag field is empty. The same notes on the windows version have the correct tags.

Android app = 1.4 (84727) on Droid

Windows = 3.5.4.2343 (85292) on XP

Thanks for the report. I tested this by adding a tag to an existing note on the Mac, then synchronized and checked the note on the Droid, and it worked for me. But we're investigating some other issues with caching on the Android that may be related to this, so I'll pass it along to Engineering.

Thanks

Just out of curiosity, did you create an entirely new tag on the Mac before adding it to a note, or add a tag that you had created previously? Adding additional tags to notes works fine for me, it's only newly created tags (ones created with the desktop app) that don't show up on my Droid.

I've been having the same problem.

However I've found a short term workaround until this gets fixed. If you delete the evernote folder from the sdcard (/sdcard/Evernote), then that seems to 'force' evernote to update the tag list. I assume it caches the tags to that folder.

It's a bit clunky, but will do for now.Got this idea from another thread about notes not updating correctly and this workaround solved that.

Archived