We apologize for the inconvenience, but chat support is currently unavailable. Please feel free to submit an email ticket or reach out at discussion.evernote.com. Thank you for understanding. ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jimmy Mayer

Attaching Evernote note to an e-mail

Idea

Am very happy with Evernote, in general save for the lack of encryption and a dumb problem I encountered this morning.

While writing an e-mail I decided to attach a file that I had stored in Evernote as a pdf file. I used drag and drop but discovered to my dismay that the attachment was not in a strange file format with a .enex extension. I could not open this file and I am sure the recipient of my e-mail would not be able to.

The roundabout solution was to actually print the file into a pdf (which is how it was originally when I added it to Evernote), then attach the pdf file to the e-mail.

Now, either I do not know how to properly use Evernote, or this is frankly the dumbest thing I can think of.

2 replies to this idea

20 minutes ago, Jimmy Mayer said:

While writing an e-mail I decided to attach a file that I had stored in Evernote as a pdf file. I used drag and drop but discovered to my dismay that the attachment was in a strange file format with a .enex extension.

Don’t drag the entire note - it exports as a .enex file

You wanted the .pdf attachment; just drag that

3 hours ago, DTLow said:

You wanted the .pdf attachment; just drag that

This ^

You can also share a link to the note using the share menu.