frustrating!evernote reads different receipts as one file

hello 

today I used Evernote to scan a stack of receipts, it's supposed to be saved as several receipts, but Evernote saved them all in one single file instead...just wondering if anyone experienced this before and know how to deal with this...thanks 

• Level 5*
On 25/07/2017 at 5:36 PM, songss8085 said:

it's supposed to be saved as several receipts

Hi.  How did you set up the scanner to save receipts individually?  Is this the Evernote scanner?

The choices seem to be - rescan your receipts correctly or split the PDF files into separate files (if you have a PDF editor that will do this...)

• Level 5*
On 2017-07-25 at 오전 9시 36분, songss8085 said:

it's supposed to be saved as several receipts

I  know of no automatic feature to “save as separate receipts”

I have to scan each receipt separately.

You can use Preview to generate separate receipt files from the single file

On 2017-07-26 at 7:07 PM, DTLow said:

I  know of no automatic feature to “save as separate receipts”

I have to scan each receipt separately.

You can use Preview to generate separate receipt files from the single file

I've no ideas...I didnt change any setting, it was able to scan a stack and generate separate receipts...is it possible a paid feature? I know Evernote will provide something free for a period. could you please be more specific about what you mentioned "preview to generate separate receipts". thanks~

On 2017-07-26 at 4:25 PM, gazumped said:

Hi.  How did you set up the scanner to save receipts individually?  Is this the Evernote scanner?

The choices seem to be - rescan your receipts correctly or split the PDF files into separate files (if you have a PDF editor that will do this...)

yes. its Evernote Scansnap . 

• Level 5*
59 minutes ago, songss8085 said:

yes. its Evernote Scansnap . 

If you have ScanSnap Manager installed,  you can right-click the icon and choose Scan Button Settings which gets you into this dialogue...

598270588f8f1_ScreenClip2.png.329ceb060d86fc413e505bc30622dcf4.png

File Option > Option allows you to choose Mutipage or One PDF per X pages.

• Level 5*
On 2017-08-02 at 4:35 PM, songss8085 said:

I didnt change any setting, it was able to scan a stack and generate separate receipts...is it possible a paid feature?

I don’t see it as a paid feature issue.

I’m not familiar with the Scansnap but I suspect the issue is with your scanner settings.  On my scanner, I can specify

• image format > separate image/note for each page
  • pdf format > combined pdf and single note

>>could you please be more specific about what you mentioned "preview to generate separate receipts".

Preview is an app on the Mac.  I mentioned it as a tool that could be used to split your combined file

On 2017-08-02 at 8:39 PM, gazumped said:

If you have ScanSnap Manager installed,  you can right-click the icon and choose Scan Button Settings which gets you into this dialogue...

598270588f8f1_ScreenClip2.png.329ceb060d86fc413e505bc30622dcf4.png

File Option > Option allows you to choose Mutipage or One PDF per X pages.

got it !!! thank you !!!

Archived