My "paperless" workflow

N.A.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Thanks for the feedback - as you may know,  we're mainly users here.  My personal flow is much simpler - "If in doubt - Evernote".  Meaning that everything that crosses my desk,  unless it's clearly not worth recording,  goes into a note one way or the other. 

IMHO The most important consideration is 'whatever works' - everyone has slightly different needs and preferences;  my view is that each user should go with what feels right,  and review the process every so often.  Experience will often suggest tweaks,  and occasionally major readjustments,  to the existing workflow.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, N.A. said:

I want to share my "paperless workflow" scheme here to get some feedback, if any

Thanks for sharing; nice overview chart

Some observations?

1. Have you automated any of the feeds into Evernote?
  2. Why the duplicate filing into iCloud and Evernote?  I use iCloud as a backup, but for the most part Evernote is my only filing system.
  3. You showed Pocket in your workflow as temporary storage.  I’m not a Pocket user; What are the benefits?
  4. My workflow includes a feed to/from my Calendar app (meetings etc)

3 hours ago, DTLow said:

Some observations?

2. Why the duplicate filing into iCloud and Evernote?  I use iCloud as a backup, but for the most part Evernote is my only filing system.
  3. You showed Pocket in your workflow as temporary storage.  I’m not a Pocket user; What are the benefits?

Thanks @DTLow

I'll try to answer your questions.

1. No. As I don't have such a need currently.
2. It may look as duplicated, but it is not. iCloud is for either executables and other "non-readable" files or anything > 200mb which exceeds Evernote note size limit AFAIK.
3. It is on my iOS sharing extensions and lots of things saved into it "to read later" and decide whether its worth going into Evernote for further analysis or not.
4. Calendar is not integrated (lives only in email client). Meeting notes (moleskine/evernote notebook) are.

I hope this helps.

4 hours ago, DTLow said:

Some observations?

@DTLow I just thought that having Kindle notes in Evernote is something that I will need to automate, for sure. So thanks for the trigger :)

8 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Thanks for the feedback - as you may know,  we're mainly users here.  My personal flow is much simpler - "If in doubt - Evernote".  Meaning that everything that crosses my desk,  unless it's clearly not worth recording,  goes into a note one way or the other. 

IMHO The most important consideration is 'whatever works' - everyone has slightly different needs and preferences;  my view is that each user should go with what feels right,  and review the process every so often.  Experience will often suggest tweaks,  and occasionally major readjustments,  to the existing workflow.

Thanks @gazumped

There's always a way to simplify. May be my attitude towards evernote usage, is having it as "final destination" rather than intermediate store, hence I do have a "middle layer" :)

Archived