Bug: Bulleted Lists Become a Single Wall of Text.

I just recently began using the Windows version of Evernote after having used the web version for a couple of months, and while it is in an improvement in many respects there is one deal-breaking bug for me that has happened on more than just a multiple occasions. Basically, a list of items will lose their space formatting and combine into a single line for seemingly no reason.

For instance, this:

-First Entry

-Second Entry

-Third Entry

Will become: 

-First Entry  -Second Entry  -Third Entry

Obviously, for Notes with a lot of these entries this type of bug is a huge headache to deal with. I've tried restarting Evernote, restarting my computer, using a different font and/or font size but nothing has worked to fix this other than to manually move everything back to their original spots. It is worth mentioning that the text for some of these entries originated from Notepad, as I often place content there on a temporary basis until I decide to which Notes I would like to move specific pieces.

Windows 7 user on Evernote 6.5.4.4720. If you have any questions for me fire away.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Please be aware we're not support,  just a (mainly) user-driven forum.  You can contact them directly if you're a paying customer on https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new or tweet them if not via https://twitter.com/evernotehelps

I don't use formatting much,  but I've never had this sort of concatenation and I don't recall any reports from elsewhere either.  Does this happen when you revisit the note,  or while you're editing?  Is there a common factor like notes written on one platform and opened on another?  Have you checked an affected note online at Evernote.com to see whether the error is visible there?  Have you tried note history (paid feature) to recover the original format?

How to access and use note history

Archived