Copy and paste shows up as a photo?

I copy a couple of lines from Microsoft OneNote and paste in Evernote yet then I go to then look at what i pasted there are two icon's hovering over the two lines - one icon is a "@" and the other is an eye symbol.

If I click on the "eye" the two lines pop up in another windows (via photo's).

If I click on the "@" another window pops up with Image Annotation and a getting started.

This just started happening - at least I've never seen this before.  

What happened to being able to do a simple copy and paste.

A copy/paste from Outlook doesn't result in the same.

Is this just something related to OneNote -> Evernote?

Thanks

• Level 5*
13 minutes ago, LarryC said:

A copy/paste from Outlook doesn't result in the same.

Is this just something related to OneNote -> Evernote?

I would think this relates to the content you are copy/pasting
Generally, text copy/paste as text; Images copy/paste as images

If you paste the same content into other apps, is it pasted as text?

1 minute ago, DTLow said:

I would think this relates to the content you are copy/pasting

Generally, text copy/paste as text
Images copy/paste as images

It is text in Microsoft OneNote - it certainly isn't a picture.  

I can take the same copy and paste it in say in Outlook...then copy from Outlook and paste it in Evernote and that works.  

But directly from OneNote to Evernote has the issue.  And I've tried copying from different Notes w/in OneNote.  

Seems to be an issue from OneNote -> Evernote

Thanks

• Level 5*
23 minutes ago, LarryC said:

It is text in Microsoft OneNote - it certainly isn't a picture.  
I can take the same copy and paste it in say in Outlook...then copy from Outlook and paste it in Evernote and that works.  
But directly from OneNote to Evernote has the issue.  And I've tried copying from different Notes w/in OneNote.  
Seems to be an issue from OneNote -> Evernote

Ok, you've covered all the troubleshooting I can think of
Just curious - Does the image have a filename?  (On my Mac, I have to go into Rename to see the filename)

• Level 5*

Standard approach for debugging problems with copy/paste is to find yourself a 3rd-party application that shows exactly what formats are being placed on the clipboard (each copy operation can put  several representations of the copied content up there to make available to a pasting program). The program you are pasting into can then choose whichever available format is convenient to complete the paste operation.  For example, copying from word puts up formats including HTML, rich text, plain text (ASCII), plain text (Unicode), among others.

I use both ClipSpy (http://www.softpedia.com/get/Office-tools/Clipboard/ClipSpy.shtml) and Clipboard Format Spy (http://www.softpedia.com/get/Office-tools/Clipboard/Clipboard-Format-Spy.shtml), and I know that there are others. Install, and run, then do a copy operation from OneNote and see what formats appear. That should shed some light.

OneNote copies it's data onto the clipboard in multiple formats. In that past, we preferred CF_DIB over CF_HTML. We changed that just after 6.5GA. (It should be in the current beta)

• Level 5*
15 hours ago, dconnet said:

OneNote copies it's data onto the clipboard in multiple formats. In that past, we preferred CF_DIB over CF_HTML. We changed that just after 6.5GA. (It should be in the current beta)

Thought it might be something like that. Good to know, should I ever install OneNote (again). Not too likely, given prior experience(s)...

Archived