Is there a way to import from OneNote into Evernote on the Mac?

I understand that the Windows version of Evernote has an import feature to import from OneNote. I don't see that on the Mac. What's the recommended way to get notes from OneNote into Evernote? I can copy/paste, but one-by-one it will take a long time.

• Level 5*
28 minutes ago, douglerner said:

I understand that the Windows version of Evernote has an import feature to import from OneNote. I don't see that on the Mac. What's the recommended way to get notes from OneNote into Evernote? I can copy/paste, but one-by-one it will take a long time.

I’m not aware of any import service

The first thing I’d look at in OneNote (or any product) is what export options can be used.

Evernote is flexible on importing different file types as attachments to notes.

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, douglerner said:

The Windows version of Evernote has a File > Import > from OneNote option. I'm going to try to do this in Windows in Parallel Desktop and then sync up and return to Mac.

Make sure you backup your data - OneNote has changed quite a lot since Evernote designed their import service,  and I wouldn't trust the import formatting too much.  I'm sure Evernote hasn't spent much time updating things...

I have Time Machine, Carbon Copy Cloner, and Crash Report backups of everything. 

It seems to be working, but OneNote is incredibly slow with syncing compared to Evernote. I'm redoing it now because I don't think OneNote had everything synced to the Windows version at the time I started importing.

Evernote syncing is definitely orders of magnitude faster than Onenote. I can have over a thousand notes in Evernote and immediately see them synced on my iPhone or iPad. Meanwhile Onenote chugs along at a slow pace trying to sync less than 100 notes.

Archived