(Archived) Cipper error w/ Evernote closed

Hello,

Sorry if t his has been asked an answered, but I searched and couldn't find anything.

With the old version I could use the clippers in Outlook and Firefox without opening Evernote. My understanding from reading on the web site is that Evernote 3 is also supposed to do this. But when I try from either program I get a message that Evernote has to be open. Any way around this or is it something that needs to be fixed?

Thanks, Nick

From what I get from the EN folks in their responses to various comments, EN3 has to be running before the clipper works. The 2.2 version is still supposed to work, even if closed. (However, with FF, some of us have been having trouble with the 3 clipper breaking the 2.2 clipper.)

This "feature" is also of interest to me. Are there plans to force the clippers to open EN3 if it's not running? I constantly find myself trying to clip, reading the message, manually launching EN, then re-clippping. Only slightly painful :)

At least it's not just me. This is something I really miss from version 2.2. I like to be able to grab web pages and emails without having to start Evernote first and then shutting it down. I'm not actually having much luck with the Beta. I can't get the mobile version to run at all on my Pocket PC though the old one ran OK.

I would really like to try it. Just can't get it to run. It starts to load and then stops. Can you create notes on the phone and then send them to your web notes? I would like to be able to do something like that with my Pocket PC when I have a WiFi connection.

Archived