Standard Export Formats

Phi87

Idea

I interact with many people who are not cloud or collaboration tool Friendly.  I understand why Evernote would want to share notes by having the other person log in.  let's face it though, there are many that aren't going to do that.   I would really like to be able to export and send something to someone without it being in a strange format or having them have to click on a link.   Word, PDF, even google docs would work just fine for an export.   If you want to be the platform of choice, open and easy is the way to go.   

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Phi87 said:

I understand why Evernote would want to share notes by having the other person log in.

Evernote also allows you to share a note by sending a url that opens in a browser; no log in required
as in   https://www.evernote.com/l/AAqBy_iv_y9FTo5TmWxpVMc5sLbYCFVWEmo

edited: This would be the public link

I can also email a copy of my note.  
Evernote's native format is html which is fairly standard; 
I could also convert to pdf - its easy to convert on my Mac and I use it for any static data

• Level 5
32 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I could also convert to pdf - its easy to convert on my Mac and I use it for any static data

But not so easy on Android, which is where we are here. However, a few months ago a brilliant guy named @DTLow offered this suggestion about a free service to convert from Evernote Android to PDF:

The whole thread would be worth looking at, @Phi87.

Yes, I know you can send someone a link but that again is another step.  It opens in the browser and the receiver needs to know how to save it or print or whatever.   I just want to send the doc in a standard format directly.   No muss no fuss.

• Level 5*
18 minutes ago, Phi87 said:

I just want to send the doc in a standard format directly.

I’m not an Android User; just wondering what non-standard format is being emailed?

Regardless, PDF would be my choice - it’s ubiquitous and does a good job of preserving the data and formats; attachments would be lost though

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Phi87 said:

It doesn't email any.  It emails you a chat request to join evernote and collaborate on the doc.   that is unless you use the public link.  

Confirmed; you would have to send the public url - I edited my post to make this clear

Instead of work chat, I would use the email function.  Documented here  https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313328-How-to-share-notes-via-email

Archived