I decided to leave Evernote.

Acubens

Idea

I have been a premium paid user since 2012. I have more than 5,000 notes. 

I am using Evernote on my Windows 10 laptop, ipad pro, and my Android cell phone. 

Today, right after the update of Evernote in IOS, I found that many notes got corrupted. Some of my important notes was changed to unreadable weird words as bellow: 

dear if or Mr lb girl IC ID rule ago p ebb be is not i ? led de Dr Dr ring -,.11 If to i ? pa cf If Deb n Deb i I'D yd when NBC r ? fan 113 hook else rip Deb s IB fire rag rang ran rap ft. AC " IL rat in Is. & I'd lose IR it ray am an rt. I'm AR as RRs at re JA Fe BQ IRA rm RN hod dean RR a ? e ? pore poe RZ It P arc S SNP X RTZ where so i Ing sr st a b d Jr firs i a i d i c m i f i e Lin TD 3D q i i t SOP i k TI u i n LAN LD lb. y TN i re i t i s da eke tr i z Eli lib di LR DJ DM NFC rules while TD ebb red eU Pru white etc rare jet It. ? Le sot has rep us pre def n gird d a def s its d i look Dr d m tube Roo d n def a ANC NE it ? debs def i go ebb NT ry. II! ? PE BF PE be FP o ? can rot of NYC GA PE bt ltd PE BQ PE BP on CSR PE by Nic el-l SSP pa Sll.,' Len Rio Gd pm  

My class notes in a university became mixed with my other notes that I wrote while working at a company. For example, a note is mixed with Real Analysis (Mathematics) and a work request from my previous boss at the company. Weird, and DISAPPOINTED. TERRIBLE.

The most important thing for Evernote is its STABILITY. If this is not OK, then it is all OVER.

I AM DONE WITH EVERNOTE.

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
48 minutes ago, Acubens said:

I AM DONE WITH EVERNOTE.

Please let us know what alternate service you’re switching to.  I haven’t found anything delivering the Evernote features I value

Whatever service, I’d advise backing up your data.  
Its important to be able to recover from such data loss.  I also make use of Evernote’s Note History feature

The note corruption is a known IOS issue.  I’m holding off upgrading to v8 until these issues are resolved

I had a similar issue; however, if I logged into Evernote Web, the corruption wasn't present and the note was fine. 

I had opened at ticket and tagged Evernote Help in a Tweet. 

Before Evernote responded, the note was back to normal on all of my devices, which took approximately 24-48 hours. 

On 14-7-2017 at 6:29 AM, DTLow said:

Please let us know what alternate service you’re switching to.  I haven’t found anything delivering the Evernote features 

And what alternate service allows multiple tags for one note? OneNote does not I think.

5 hours ago, rolands6 said:

And what alternate service allows multiple tags for one note? OneNote does not I think.

You can have multiple tags in OneNote, but if you are using a Mac and OneNote you might as well be using the web or mobile version. The features are severely lacking and nowhere near the Windows version.

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, rolands6 said:

And what alternate service allows multiple tags for one note? 

Tags are one of the Evernote features I make extensive use of596a912fdef77_ScreenShot2017-07-15at15_01_25.png.094ec8c946cb1a4fd67a6956c90172a2.png
The feature is extremely functional in Evernote, and allowed me drop the traditional folder/subfolder filing structure

Even the OS file system has tags; the image is from my Mac
Limited functionality though; for example no hierarchy

21 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Tags are one of the Evernote features I make extensive use of596a912fdef77_ScreenShot2017-07-15at15_01_25.png.094ec8c946cb1a4fd67a6956c90172a2.png
The feature is extremely functional in Evernote, and allowed me drop the traditional folder/subfolder filing structure

Even the OS file system has tags; the image is from my Mac
Limited functionality though; for example no hierarchy

That is beautiful :) I'm in the process of organizing mine. Love the tagging. As I said before though, Microsoft really dropped the ball on their Mac apps all around. It irritates me to no end that the functionality is limited including tags in OneNote. On Windows, you can use tags just like you can in Evernote and can add custom tags. In the Mac version, you can't. You are stuck with the predetermined ones. If someone feels the need to leave for OneNote and likes it more power to them. I personally couldn't do it, but I have an issue with them for other reasons as well lol.

"On Windows, you can use tags just like you can in Evernote and can add custom tags." 

This is incorrect. OneNote tags are not like Evernote. Here are the differences I have found:

• Evernote tags an entire document / OneNote tags are within in the text of a document.
  • Evernote tags are visible at the top of the page / OneNote tags, which are in the text, do not display. You need to hover your cursor above them to see the tag
  • Evernote does not use symbols for tags / OneNote has the ability to use symbols.  I tried using 'none' as the symbol, but you cannot see the tag on the document.
  • Evernote has an interface to easily manage tags / OneNote does not.

I'm frustrated because I have been using Evernote ever since it came out. However I need to use OneNote for work and it is much harder to find information in a way that is similar to Evernote.

Race. 

Archived