Suggestions for managing 2000+ notes

I've been using Evernote for Android for several years now and have amassed several thousand notes, many of which I would like to delete. Any suggestions on the easiest ways to accomplish this? Processing one note at a time with EN4Android would take forever.

I have a Win 7 PC available although I rarely use it for Evernote.

A related question would be whether there is way to archive older notes in Evernote so that they are not actively using resources but would still be available if needed. (This archive could be stored locally or in the cloud.)

Thanks

Steve

P.S. I prefer to use Samsung Tab 4 7.0 tablets introduced in 2014 and running KitKat so resources are limited (1.5GB RAM & 8GB internal SD) so I have been using older versions of the EN app (currently 7.2)

• Level 5*

Hi.  I'm up to 30,000 notes with no great need to have a clear-out anytime soon.  We've discussed this before in the forums - if you Google "Evernote archive notes" you'll get a selection of links back here.  Unless the extra notes are causing you a particular issue I'm in the 'don't fix it' school,  though you can block-assign tags to mark notes as 'archive' and exclude them from searches by adding "-tag:archive" as necessary.  It's also possible to -

• Export archive notes to ENEX files - searches not possible so filenames are important
  • Set up one or more additional Basic accounts and move notes across - but if you mainly use mobile,  switching accounts is not currently feasible
  • Use an 'archive' stack

If you are mainly using your mobile device for note taking,  you're totally relying on Evernote (and Google) to store your data.  I have no reason to doubt their ability to keep things safe - but I also like to have a local copy of my data,  because it's mine... you might want to dust off your laptop (you'll need it for bulk tagging anyway...)

Hope that helps...

• Level 5*
45 minutes ago, sssteeve said:

I have a Win 7 PC available although I rarely use it for Evernote.

You are limited if you don't use the Win device.  It makes it easy to select multiple notes for processing

>>A related question would be whether there is way to archive older notes in Evernote so that they are not actively using resources but would still be available if needed. (This archive could be stored locally or in the cloud.)

The mobile platforms don't store much data locally (exception Offline Notebooks) so there is little impact to resources.

I have over 10k notes and have no issues

There is no archiving feature.  I use an archive tag to exclude notes from searches

Archived