Feature request: Intelligent summary

Kurt Kessler

Idea

I keep all of my business receipts in Evernote with the tag of "2017-Taxes".  This has proven very helpful to me, but it could be better.  At the end of the year I still have to look at each note/receipt to determine the type of expense and the amount.  It would be nice if Evernote would create something like a table of contents that would give me a detailed listing and summary of expenses.  

For example:

Food and entertainment     Joe's Bagel   $17.34

Food and entertainment     Joe's Bagel   $23.34

Food and entertainment     Starbucks       $9.25

Computer equipment          Sally's VPN Service  $9.00

Then at the bottom of the generated note:

Total Food and entertainment   $xxx.xx

Total Joe's Bagel       $xxx.xx

Total Starbucks         $xxx.xx

Total Computer equipment       $xxx.xx

Total Sally's VPN Service   $xxx.xx

etc....

This would be a huge assistance!

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
22 minutes ago, Kurt Kessler said:

I keep all of my business receipts in Evernote with the tag of "2017-Taxes".  This has proven very helpful to me, but it could be better.  At the end of the year I still have to look at each note/receipt to determine the type of expense and the amount.  It would be nice if Evernote would create something like a table of contents that would give me a detailed listing and summary of expenses.  

My process is to put the required info into the title595bf23db4e97_ScreenShot2017-07-04at12_52_55.png.149f2da062212701237fe4347f92b642.png
So the note list gives me a summary 

I use tags to indicate the budget category

I also export these titles and tags to a spreadsheet, parsing the data so I can work with the numbers

Archived