Change voice note audio quality

Hi. 

I was an iPhone user, but now I moved to android. 

On iPhone I remember an option in the app where you could switch from bad quality to good quality voice notes, which I didn't only find it great, but as using it very often for me was a Premium seller some months I overload my free space quota. 

Now on Android I find that the audio quality is absolutely crappy, completely non-2017, and I can't find the option to switch it to standard. 

Am I missing the option somewhere?

PS. If not, why wouldn't Evernote want to make android users use more space? I mean, not only on the quality side, but on the marketing side would make no sense... 

• Level 5*

Hi.  There's a ton of free Android apps that save to MP3 or better,  and those files can be attached to notes without any problem.  I use Hi-Q MP3 recorder for high quality sound,  ordinary boring voice recorder for memos and messages,  and Cogi for lectures (records 30-second loop,  saves 31+ seconds when you hit 'record').  Evernote's in-note recorder sounds OK to me,  but that's maybe device-specific.  I use external recorders because then I can use Evernote for other things at the same time.

Don't think Evernote has an opinion on space provided you stay within your note size and upload limits...

Archived