We apologize for the inconvenience, but chat support is currently unavailable. Please feel free to submit an email ticket or reach out at discussion.evernote.com. Thank you for understanding. ×
bootislands

The fastest way to add multiple tags to single note?

The Ctrl-Alt-T's shortcoming is no filtering support, so we have to look for the target tag in a stack only with our eyes , which is so slow and ineffective.

2017_06_29_20170629154959.png

The Alt-F2 and Drag way's shortcoming is that, once after I add a tag to a certain note in the -tag:* search list, this note will disappear in the note list immediately, because it's no longer compliant with -tag:*, which make it impossible to add the follow-up tags.

2017_06_29_20170629155051.png

If the tag on the toolbar support not only prefix match, but also searching, it indeed completely solves my needs. But it seems not support yet, right?

2017_06_29_111.gif

So for now, what is the fastest way to add multiple tags to a note?

Hi.  If you add tags in one tag field CSV'd as follows "<tag1>,<tag2>,<tag3>,<tag4>,<tag5>" then all tags will be added to a note as individual items.  If I'm using different sets of multiple tags.  I'll set the string(s) up in a note and copy/ paste into the tag field. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bootislands said:

The Alt-F2 and Drag way's shortcoming is that, once after I add a tag to a certain note in the -tag:* search list, this note will disappear in the note list immediately, because it's no longer compliant with -tag:*, which make it impossible to add the follow-up tags.

To prevent this you can open the note in its own Window before applying tags.  

And what @gazumped said.

• Like 2