After sync, I lost all my images from a note

I'm keeping a journal on Evernote, and after a full day of taking and pasting photos from my vacation, I used the hotel wifi to sync the note I created that morning. Since the sync was kind of slow, I started editing a note in another notebook.Without checking whether the sync was done or not, I went to bed. This morning, I opened up the note to see how well the sync had gone, and I didn't see a single photo there! I felt really bad because there were about a hundred photos from my trip in the mountains. I cannot find any solutions to this problem, so I decided to post a thread on the forums. Please help!

• Level 5*
15 hours ago, hurricane2029 said:

I opened up the note to see how well the sync had gone, and I didn't see a single photo there! I felt really bad because there were about a hundred photos from my trip in the mountains. 

Which platform; Win/Mac/....?

The master version of your notes is on the Evernote servers.  I'd check there using the web platform (www.evernote.com)

100 photos in a note is a bad idea.  I'd use my photo app to store these, then transfer to Evernote afterwards, using separate notes

• Level 5*
18 hours ago, hurricane2029 said:

there were about a hundred photos from my trip in the mountains.

Hmmn.  Evernote is not a good place for photographs at the best of times - have a look at Flickr or Google Photos or any one of dozens of other places from camera companies (like Nikon Image Space) to social media.  Depending on how big your photo files are and which Evernote plan you're using you may have exceeded your allowed note size - for a basic account that's 25MB.  If so,  the pictures will not have been saved or synced.  Do you still have the originals in your phone picture Gallery,  or on a camera SD card?

If you're editing and pasting on a mobile device,  then as @DTLow suggests you may still find the photos on the main site at Evernote.com.  Notes aren't saved on the mobile device once they've been synced.  To look at your note,  Evernote has to download the content all over again;  and if as you say the connection is slow,  it could take some time to retrieve 100 pictures,  even if they're relatively small.

I'll hope you find the note on the server,  but if you still have the originals please don't delete them from storage yet...

Archived