How to recover lost content

• Level 5*
On 2017-06-25 at 6:23 AM, Arujunamal said:

Is there any way I can recover?

Sign up for a single month of premium access and you'll have access to Note History

• Level 5*
21 hours ago, DMS said:

I have suddenly lost well synced and many time read notes, even from trash.

Which platform? (Win/Mac/...)

In case this is a device error, verify the "lost notes" issue on the Evernote servers using the web platform (www.evernote.com)

hello users,

i have an earnest request.I have lost my data from one of the evernote booknote.I was adding something to a note already made many months back.while adding some key got pressed and the data got removed.it is not available in the trash neither on other devices which i have synked.please help me recover..the folder is india-usa created in GS paper 2.got deleated at 5.30pm approx today.it was using widows on my pc from where the data vanished.

• Level 5*
On 2017-07-05 at 오전 6시 24분, siddarth said:

i have an earnest request.I have lost my data from one of the evernote booknote.I was adding something to a note already made many months back.while adding some key got pressed and the data got removed

My process for retrieving lost data is to restore from backups

I use my personal backups and the Evernote Note History feature

Note History is a paid account feature.  You can subscribe for a single month to retrieve your notes
The note history is constantly backed up and available until the note is expunged

On 7/3/2017 at 1:06 PM, DTLow said:

Which platform? (Win/Mac/...)

In case this is a device error, verify the "lost notes" issue on the Evernote servers using the web platform (www.evernote.com)

I am using at window and ios. And I have already checked at web platform.

• Level 5*

Sorry but if a note has been deleted and also is no longer in Trash,  then AFAIK the only hope of recovering it is either

1. a device that has a copy of the database on it that has not synced for some time.  Don't allow it to sync now,  but do open Evernote (if you can) and check for your old notes.
  2. a variation on the above - checking old backups in icloud or on local systems for previous version of the database.

There are no other options that I can see...  (others may have better suggestions)

• 9 months later...

I saw SHARE and collaborate being promoted, so I tried it today and spent the afternoon creating an outline in the Windows desktop app (free version).

My colleague only got the first few lines all day, despite restarting the app and syncing a dozen times.

I tapped her note to edit on the iPhone 10, and suddenly it synced as if HER note was complete and deleted all the content I'd worked on. There are no files in "Conflicting Changes"

Is there any way to get data lost from this apparent share bug?  The app wasn't running smoothly on her iPhone 10, perhaps that has been a less stable version.

VERY frustrating - I lost all my preparation for an important keynote speech I volunteered to give next week. Thanks for any help!

• 5 months later...
On 7/6/2017 at 10:44 AM, DTLow said:

My process for retrieving lost data is to restore from backups

I use my personal backups and the Evernote Note History feature

Note History is a paid account feature.  You can subscribe for a single month to retrieve your notes
The note history is constantly backed up and available until the note is expunged

I tried signing up for a trial business account in order to retrieve Note details that I lost when my phone synced with my account, and it forced me to set up a new business account with a different email. It assured me during signup that the 2 accounts would be linked but not only can I not retrieve any note history without being prompted to upgrade (still), it is now associating a completely different email with my main account that I've been using daily for 6 years. So when I try to log in using my normal email, that account is now blank with no notebooks, notes, etc. & I'm afraid when the trial is over I will lose everything.

This all started when I tried to update a Note on my phone and rather than syncing the new data from my PC, it synced the outdated Note on my phone as the primary so I lost all the new data on my PC. Also, both on the app and PC, it is constantly telling me to upgrade or delete a device and I've been using the same 2 devices (PC & phone).

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

I am completely devastated. I spent hours FINISHING my novel on Friday September 25 from about 9am to 12:30pm. It was a lot of work and it was exciting to wrap it. I stopped writing around noon. Evernote is flaky and glitchy so I wanted to somehow click 'Save' but nothing like that exists. 

I return today to edit it, and the last version to save was 10:25 on 9/25 (screenshot). The weirdest part is when I try to pull up the version history for 9/25, it is blank (screenshot) even though that is the day I wrote everything. When it does pull up, it is the same version as today 10/1. Even though I edited on 10/1. I wrote for at least another two hours after the first edit version, and it didn't save at all? Evernote logs me out of the web app almost compulsively. I don't need it to log me out of my own computer, ever. I have lost work before but was able to recover it with version history. How did it not save any of my work for two hours?  Is there any way to recover this? 

Google might be invasive and have bad UI but at least it stores my work safely and keeps me logged in. If you have help or a solution, please let me know. 

I'm going to go cry some more now. 

Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 10.06.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 3.16.28 PM.png

• Level 5*
On 10/1/2020 at 11:06 PM, EliseCC said:

If you have help or a solution, please let me know.

Hi.  Sorry for your loss of data.  What device and OS are you using?  And were you typing in Evernote web or in the installed desktop client?

• 2 years later...

please help, i've had an account with evernote for years and I keep important information in my evernote app on my phone. recently the app was crashing and I tried to log in on mac and all my notes attached to my account are gone. How can i recover those notes? Im extremely unsatisfied with my service because I cant get in contact with anyone. please help 

• Level 5*
On 11/24/2022 at 7:03 PM, nia u said:

please help, i've had an account with evernote for years and I keep important information in my evernote app on my phone. recently the app was crashing and I tried to log in on mac and all my notes attached to my account are gone. How can i recover those notes? Im extremely unsatisfied with my service because I cant get in contact with anyone. please help 

Hi you posted in a 2-year old thread called 'general discussions' which gives us no clue about what device you're using / what OS you have / what version of Evernote you're using,  and whether or not you are a subscriber.  Please answer those questions if you want more help.  Meantime the usual cause of 'lost notes' is accidentally creating a new account with different login details.  Please log out of Evernote on your device,  restart the device,  and log in again - carefully.