Evernote iOS hangs trying to save PDF

On iPhone and iPad when I try to save PDF the little clock goes all the way around but never completes. App just sits there. Usually I cancel then email. Has been this way for a long time. 

• Level 5*
50 minutes ago, eafpres said:

On iPhone and iPad when I try to save PDF the little clock goes all the way around but never completes. App just sits there. Usually I cancel then email. Has been this way for a long time. 

Where are saving the PDF file from?  I have no problem saving files from iCloud Drive or web

Just checking, do you have enough storage space on your device?

Sorry I wasn't clear. I'm on a web page that is a PDF. I use the feature from chrome with the little box with the arrow, which gives me options like mail, message, Evernote, LinkedIn etc.  I choose Evernote. The Evernote dialogue comes up allowing me to edit title, add tags, choose a notebook. When that dialogue opens the small compass/clock spins all the way around but never changes the another icon. When this sort of clipping works, the icon changes typically to the web page icon etc. 

So I'm clipping not saving and it is going t the cloud not my device. 

Same thing on iPhone. 

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, eafpres said:

So I'm clipping not saving and it is going to the cloud not my device. 

The note and file are stored on your device briefly, before the upload to the cloud

Ah. For some reason I thought the iOS apps were pure cloud. For example, nothing is local (available offline) unless you specifically mark the notebook to be available offline. 

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, eafpres said:

Ah. For some reason I thought the iOS apps were pure cloud. For example, nothing is local (available offline) unless you specifically mark the notebook to be available offline. 

Mostly true.  My understanding is that note title/header info is stored on the phone and when you access a note the content of the note is downloaded.  EN allocates some amount of space, never stated anywhere as to how much as far as I know, to store recently viewed note content.  That space gets recycled as other notes are accessed.  Also don't know if EN periodically just clears that cache storage.

11 hours ago, eafpres said:

Sorry I wasn't clear. I'm on a web page that is a PDF. I use the feature from chrome with the little box with the arrow, which gives me options like mail, message, Evernote, LinkedIn etc.  I choose Evernote. The Evernote dialogue comes up allowing me to edit title, add tags, choose a notebook. When that dialogue opens the small compass/clock spins all the way around but never changes the another icon. When this sort of clipping works, the icon changes typically to the web page icon etc. 

So I'm clipping not saving and it is going t the cloud not my device. 

Same thing on iPhone. 

Hi @eafpres

Since you're viewing a PDF in the mobile browser, try tapping "Open In..." from the bottom of the screen, then select Evernote. If you don't see "Open In..." tap the PDF and it should appear again for you. You will see the same Evernote dialog to add tags/choose a notebook. 

Let me know if you have any trouble using these steps.

8 minutes ago, Ellen G said:

, try tapping "Open In..." from the bottom of the screen, then select Evernote. If you don't see "Open In..." tap the PDF and it should appear again for you. You will see the same Evernote dialog to add tags/choose a notebook. 

Hi Ellen--that works perfectly!  Thank you for the tip.  And thank you to Evernote--I use it constantly and it really helps me organize my business.

Archived