(Archived) Basic Options

Greetings all,

I am using v2.2 - free edition. It is indeed a well done and helpful Software.

I just installed beta 3 as it was offered in "GiveAway..."

First, thanks for that.

Than I may say special "Thank you" for the correct and wise decision you made so users are able to run both version independently.

Excellent !!!

Few questions from beta3-newbie (many to follow :) )

1) In 2.2 it was an option to change backup folder location. I cannot find it in beta.

2) Both versions: Probably I am missing (don't see) where is the option to change default location of the main DB?

I know that It is possible to changer Registry in Recent Document List/Document1... but it's kinda not an option for everybody

Thanks in advance

My regards

P.S.

Aside notes:

a) I want to check Work Offline functionality only and compare with 2.2

I don't think I see any need of on-line integration.

My personal opinion: It should be done as a separate module (and/or add-on) with its own interface.

In addition I've seen already that many are not considering even to try your software because of introduction of such tight integration.

Plus it's always easier to maintain and enhance perfectly working "local-only" organizer... and separate "out there" one.

B) It would be nice to return some feel and look of 2.2 back... I did not have time to compare all features, so no comments about that yet

my ~20c goes in piggy bank :) Thanks

Few questions from beta3-newbie (many to follow :) )

1) In 2.2 it was an option to change backup folder location. I cannot find it in beta.

Swamp Cat,

The EverNote User Forum's search engine is your friend. The backup issue in EverNote 3 Beta has been discussed previously and in detail. :) I encourage you to find and then join those threads. All the issues you raise have been raised and discussed previously.

There is no back up in EN3b. Backup is to and via the web server.

Hi marcclarke,

Thank you for reply.

... Forum's search engine... The backup issue in... 3 Beta has been discussed previously...
...indeed... I new to Beta of this Software but I am not new to Forums... my fault ! :oops:
There is no back up in EN3b. Backup is to and via the web server.
I allow myself to put a small note about this even before going to hit search and read.

I hope that it it is just in beta. This is bad! that confirms what I wrote initially in "aside notes" even not knowing that it is an issue.

If that and other web integration to discover is the strong point and the direction of EverNote - I am glad I left 2.2 and will use only that one until it's alive.

It will be huge lose of customers... for such a helpful Tool... :)

Sure I will continue to test Beta... ma by things will change to better.. (Beta-better :?: :) )

My kind regard

Thanks again

Cheers

Hi SwampCat,

I also like to backup locally rather than completely trust some distant Sever (no offense please Evernote team).

You will find the EXB extension Evernote Database file under \My Documents\My Evernote Files.

Just add this to you normal backup (if it is not already included in the existing back up path).

I have moved the EXB file from my Documents to a secure area of my Server and fire the program up via a desktop shortcut to this location. Everything appears to work as normal including synchronization. Maybe this would also be a "work around" for you.

I hope this helps........

In closing thank you Evernote for taking such a bold step with this Beta. It shows great promise but I will be much happier when I can get my head round different Notebooks sharing one set of tabs. It seems to make things much more complicated. :cry:

Archived